• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I need help introducing!

channy

Young Bun
Hello

I need some advice on helping my bunnies to bond, i have been looking online and have an idea but does any one else have any tips..?

my lop Mr. tibbs is 2 years, male and Dusty is 10 weeks, felame, thie cadges are next to each other so they can see and smell eactother and they have been nere each other a few times but i get a little scared as mr. tibbs is getting a little rough with Dusty. She just sits there looking scared to move and mr. tibbs has been grooming himself next to her, yet he has been nipping her as well...?? i dont know what to do..? :shock:

any ideas pls..??

chantelle x x x :wave:

i would make up a pen on totally NEUTRAL territory oand introduce the bunnies in there chasing and fur pulling is normal so only seperat them if they start fighting (if you keep seperating and reintroducing they start over again each time they meet again) make sure there are a couple of hidey places for them (i was advised to make them at least 2 exits so like a tunnel incase one bun gets cornered in there) also make sure there is lots of food about so take their minds off it.

are both buns neutered btw?

thanx for you help

Thats a few more tips for me to try, i didnt think it would be so difficult, as i have never introduched rabbit before im a little nervous! hehe

thanx for your help though! im greatful!

chantelle x :D

are they neutered? as if the male isnt done he will probably annoy her by humping her constantly she wiould best be done when she is older as she is likely to get very hormonal and it can help reduce health problems such as cancer :)

Hi:wave: I'm assuming Mr. Tibbs has been neutered, but nevertheless it might be worth waiting until you've had Dusty spayed to save you the trouble of possibly having to rebond htem after the op. It's a good idea meanwhile to keep their cages near each other like you are doing now, as long as you are sure neither bun can nip the other through the wire. If you are going to go ahead and bond them now, as CT said make sure it is neutral territory, not too big a space and put plenty of food down to keep them occupied. Expect chasing, nipping and humping, as that's normal bunny behaviour to sort out the dominance. When you start the bonding don't seperate them unless they have a full-on locked on fight where they look like those cartoons when the animals are practically rolling together. Be prepared to sleep in the same room as them during the first night to keep an eye on them. Good luck!:D

Back