• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

what could you not live without?

cheekytikki

Wise Old Thumper
any things you have 'discovered' which make day to day life sooo much easier with the buns?

mine has to be litter tray liners! (i was worried at first that the buns might nibble on them but never had that problem) they fit snuggly in the tray and i can put the tray top on to hold them in place if i want then when it is clean out time i literally pull the drawstrings to close the bag (i chuck any other rubbish in the tray first) lift the pre bagged rubbish out pop a new liner in (as the tray doesnt ever actually get dirty i dont need to scrub it out anymore) refill with paper and hay and put it down again throw the bag in the bin and its done :D

I got a tiny dust pan and brush from Morrisons that is great for sweeping up "stray poos" in Lolas cage.

Also the swinging hay basket and treat ball keep her busy when I cant give her my 100% attention.

Mine is a second set of litter trays.

I can get them prepared in the utility room (in the dry) then just go into their sheds, sweep everything into the dirty litter tray (I use the big underbed boxes) and pop the clean one in its place.
It's brilliant on a rainy day as it saves me lots of trips up and down the garden, and then its only one trip out to the recycling bin with all the green waste:D

any things you have 'discovered' which make day to day life sooo much easier with the buns?

mine has to be litter tray liners! (i was worried at first that the buns might nibble on them but never had that problem) they fit snuggly in the tray and i can put the tray top on to hold them in place if i want then when it is clean out time i literally pull the drawstrings to close the bag (i chuck any other rubbish in the tray first) lift the pre bagged rubbish out pop a new liner in (as the tray doesnt ever actually get dirty i dont need to scrub it out anymore) refill with paper and hay and put it down again throw the bag in the bin and its done :D

Sounds good!!!!!!

2nd set of trays is also a good idea :D

I couldn't live without the spare vet beds. I have to do a bunny load of washing each week for my four alone and they don't wee on them but its just all fluff and hay that makes them unclean.

I couldn't live without the spare vet beds. I have to do a bunny load of washing each week for my four alone and they don't wee on them but its just all fluff and hay that makes them unclean.
Oh also couldn't live without extra food bowls :shock:
Soz bout double post dunno what i've done :shock: :shock: :shock:

Oh also couldn't live without extra food bowls :shock:

Lola wont have VetBed - she wees on it then scrunches it all up. Mardy **** rabbit!

Two sets of trays for me too (which is actually 17 trays in total, I think).

Also vanilla for bonding, that has been something needed with not just mine, but with rescue buns too.

Oh, and time! I don't work right now (health reasons), but if I ever manage to get back to work then I am going to be seriousl busy getting everything done.

Where do you buy litter tray liners?

they are like waste bags but instead of being rectangle with the hole at the top the hole is down the side and they are litter tray sized like this except the ones i get are thinner (one use) and have drawstring ties round the top that when you have finished with them you pull them through tabs on the bag and it tightens the neck of the bag up so you can just tie it up

I put it in the brown bin(which is the garden waste"green" bin, whereas the green one is for household waste..is it just Vale Royal Council who seem to have cocked up their colour coding???:roll:). I must admit I never asked about it. There was a leaflet that weent round about not put animal waste in but I assumed that just applied to dogs and cats really as their waste is pretty gross whereas rabbit litter is just fibre. I don't use paper, just megazorb and hay.

never thought about it maybe only meaning dog/cat :? hmmm might get mum to ring them and ask would be good if you could put it in there as it does fill up black bin up a lot.

and our brown is garden and green is recycling too

Thanks cheekytikki :D

no probs i have just re-read your thing and you asked where to buy not what are they :roll: omg need my eyes tested :lol:

i get mine from pet shop of supermarket :D... or apparently you can get them from ebay :lol:

My local council won't let me put rabbit waste in the recycling either... apparently the reason is because they don't actually compost the waste but rather they chop it all up very finely and sell it as a 'soil improver'. That said, I still think bunny poop and straw would be great for someones garden! (just not mine... I can't fit anymore on the veggie patch :?)

I've always worried about Fidget eating little tray liners... might have to give them a go and keep my eye on her though, I've often eyed them up in the supermarket thinking how much easier they'd make my life!!

no probs i have just re-read your thing and you asked where to buy not what are they :roll: omg need my eyes tested :lol:

i get mine from pet shop of supermarket :D... or apparently you can get them from ebay :lol:

Noooo, tis cool, given I had no idea what they were, you answered probably the question I should have asked. :D

How would they know? I put most of mine in the wheelie bin and no-one ever questioned it

i live in cheshire too. i bury alsorts in old hay in my brown bin.the bin men have a quick peep inside and empty it any way. couldnt manage without a bucket.

Last edited:
Back