• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dog Crate ideas for my house Bun!! Any more ideas? Hie crate will arrive Tue!

Bunny_mad

Alpha Buck
I have a new House Bun and early next week his overly large dog crate will arrive (42"). I need some ideas as to waht to do with it as I have no idea. Should it have sawdust in the bottom or not and what should the 2nd storey be like (when we build it) any pics would be great. xx

Last edited:
substrate like shavings doesnt do well in crates unless you can put a guard (usually made with that plastic stuff for sale signs are made from...correx??) around the base of the crate as it literally goes everywhere. when mine lived in a crate i used fleecy blankets (litter trained buns) on top of newspaper, i then upgraded to carpet cut to fit the crate. mine also had a large pen attached (was a 48" crate with pen attached made it about 4ft x 5 1/2ft) they had toys, digging pit, litter tray, bed etc in there will try and find a pic :)

ok, he has shaving in his indoor and out door hutch and the more I THINK ABOUT, I never put the hoover down. As he is out during the day and out at night he is not litter trained yet but hopefully when we get his crate he will be. If we put the correx around the outside will he not chew it?

What do I put in the digging pit as I don't want him trapsing mud around. lol!!

i used child safe sand in my digging pit never had a problem with it (plus the in the warmer weather the sand stayed nice and cool and teegs especially would dig a hole then flop his belly in to keep cool

not sure about the correx stuff as havent used it myself though im sure someone who knows more will be along soon :D

mine started off as a cat litter tray and ended up as a 4ft long tray :lol: everytime i refilled it (which isnt that often tbh) i bought a bigger tray as they loved it so much

Back