• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A bit worried about Nibbles / Nibbles has died 8-(

SOAD

Wise Old Thumper
She had an abcsess done without ga yesterday (she's nearly 12 so ga's are not an option), the vet put her on a course of ceporex injections, biolapis, zantac, aureomycin and metacam. She seems a bit quiet this morning, as she was yesterday, the vet said when the antibiotics kick in he will feel a lot better. She's eating, but when I let her out the crate this morning she sat there, she normally rushes off to harraa Beatrix at the top of the stairs. :?

Last edited:
Maybe Nibbles will feel better later once the meds kick in. I'd feel rotten with an abscess too.

Yeah this is true, she has a hole in her head it doesn't look nice, I've got drain it in a bit, yuk, she is eating she is normally having a wonder about upstairs and she's just sat there, although she has moved about just not like her.

I know, she's had a couple of abcsesses before, but the last one was done with ga so not too bad for her. I get really paranoid when she starts slowing down as she is just so old.

I hope she feels better soon, its a stressful thing for an elderly bunny to go through, it will probably just take her a bit of time to recover :)

Thank you, I just took her up some Parsley and corriander and she's eating that, but still not come out her crate yet, very unlike her.

She is still very quiet not come out her cage all day, I took her in Ste's room to do her meds and treat her abcsess tonight as the light is better in there. My vet had told me to squeeze the sack under the eye which I did, but as I did it the wound from the abcsess above her eye popped open and the stuff came out it was really horrid :shock:, it's all squeezed through now and she had all her meds, she then ran back to her crate stomping her back feet as she went, so I know she can be lively, she is just choosing not to. She hasn't eat a great, but she is eating. Her teeth were checked yesterday too and although she hasn't got that many they were all fine, I have been to sainsbury's and got her some special nibbles, to tempt her. She has mostly been munching on greens and herbs though.

Last edited:
Hopefully it will start to heal now that all the **** has been coming out. I've just had a go at howards interdigital cysts. He gets them all the time, but once they've burst and we've squeezed the **** out, they heal up fine. Hopefully now she'll start to feel better if the infected **** is coming out.

i assume she's still passing droppings, if she stops it might be worth getting metochlopramide injections to get her gut moving. my vet says its best to do them 8 hourly over a 24 hr period. hope she perks up soon.

:lol::lol::lol: Lucy It's horrible stuff isn't it, thankfully I have a cold so can't smell it :lol::lol: the vet said sh would start feeling better when the abx kick in, I would of thought it would of started working by now. I made her some porrible but she just scratched me so wasn't that impressed with that :lol:

Thanks halfpenny, I have metclop in, but she is on zantac which does similar anyway, she is not passing a lot, but at the same time not eating a lot to pass any, she is pooing though, it was on Ste's carpet :D:lol::lol::lol:

Oh brill, I can try to calm down a bit then, she has her injections in the evening, my vet said there was no point in oral as it just wont touch it, so she's on ceporex rather than baytril, I hate giving that as it always blocks the neddle. I gave her second injection about four hours ago. Hopefully she will be back to normal tomorrow.

I think it does a bit of both, I am sure it does, I could be wrong though :oops::oops:, I think it does make the guts push.

i'll try and remember to ask the vet on monday, it would be good if it did, it would reduce the amount of things you have to give, wouldn't it. we've nearly finished a 3 weeks course of injecting smokey with baytril and then giving fibreplex, i got so upset putting him through it all, i started to put the fibreplex on banana- he seemed to enjoy it.

I know what you mean, I just had to give Nibbles four different things and it seemed like I was putting her through a lot. Please ask at least we would know for sure, I am sure it's a side effect that it causes gastric emptying. I normally get a course after having a bun in st georges to keep their bellies healthy. Awwwwn bless Smokey, our poor buns have to go through a lot :love:

does zantac promote gut motility

Yes, but no-one has worked out how !! It is extremely useful in all cases of GI stasis or if a Bun has to be on Metacam (which can cause GI ulceration and consequent reduced motility)

I hope Nibbles is feeling better this morning Tree :)

Last edited:
Back