• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Alfalfa King Timothy Hay /Updated! :)

Does bun like Alfalfa king timothy hay?

• Dental bun & likes

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Dental bun & doesnt like

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Non-dental bun & likes

Votes: 9 69.2%
  • Non-dental bun & doesnt like

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters

Becki xX

Warren Veteran
Well recently Bee has decided she doesn't like hay anymore (co-incided with having a dental & Daniel leaving us, so Im not sure whether her intake had gone down before the dental & I hadnt known because Dan was still eating it..) I've been trying her on new hays, all of which she has ignored several times in the past, but I thought its worth a try. Anyhow she is still looking at me in the '...and you bought me this why? :?' kinda way, and ignoring it. Ive heard a lot of good stuff about Alfalfa king timothy hay, so just wanting oppinions really. Wondering whether to order some. Thanks :)

Last edited:
:wave: Hiya yes my 2 buns and chinchilla love Alfalfa King Timothy Hay, plus i buy their oat one too, it always smells lovely.:D

oat wheat and barley and the timmy hay by alfalfa king all get scoffed with 4 days, on the medium bag doesnt last long at all, must say the oat wheat and barley go down a storm:D my dental bun and non dental buns love it

Mine like it but i think they like the oat, wheat and barley even more :D. (they aren't dental buns though)

hmmm maybe if someone hassome they can send you a little bit rather than buying a huge bag?

poor rhia, cuddles to her x

She has tried & ignored eeevery single hay everyone has posted about on this thread!! :shock: No joke, I have tried finding her a 'treat hay' for as long as Ive had her. With no luck. Have ordered that Alflafa king Timothy (along with £25 of other stuff - only got last toy delivery y/day :roll:) So we shall see how she goes with that X

Does she like dried grass type stuff? Molly is a very fussy eater and I think it's cos he's got a sweet tooth so he tends to like the dried grasses like ready grass etc as I guess they're sweeter? Ours are all going crazy for the meadow hay we get at the horse supply place near us at the moment. They've just switched to the new season stuff and it looks yum. :lol:
Good luck with tempting her.

oat wheat and barley and the timmy hay by alfalfa king all get scoffed with 4 days, on the medium bag doesnt last long at all, must say the oat wheat and barley go down a storm:D my dental bun and non dental buns love it

Same here. And I think the oat, wheat and barley smells delicious!! :lol:
Mine were not too impressed by the Oxbow timothy hay, but they love the AK one.

Mine love the AK Oat wheat and Barley! Its their special treat.

Haven't tried the timothy one so will be interested in seeing your results. Mine didn't like Oxbow Timothy but they do now like the Excel Timothy with Herbs (Herbage).

Bunnies are strange!

i got the sample packs from hay experts, they had piles all around the room and tasted each one.

the AK timothy hay was by far their favourite along with the dried grass.

Does she like dried grass type stuff? Molly is a very fussy eater and I think it's cos he's got a sweet tooth so he tends to like the dried grasses like ready grass etc as I guess they're sweeter? Ours are all going crazy for the meadow hay we get at the horse supply place near us at the moment. They've just switched to the new season stuff and it looks yum. :lol:
Good luck with tempting her.

Yep! She loves the friendly estate (I think thats what its called!) dried grass, she doesn't like the orchard grass or anything though :roll: To be honest I dont blame her on that one, it looked & felt waaay to harsh to eat with those soft little mouths & tounges! From all your recommendations, I'll buy her some oat wheat & barley next time I order & see what she thinks :lol: X

Mine eat Oxbow Timothy hay, but it does depend on the cut of the hay 1st or 2nd cut. Just bought a bag of this and they are not loving it.

Just did a big Hay Expert order and found they also don't like Orchard Hay, Oat Hay and indeed they don't like the Alfafa King Timothy Hay. If you pm me your address Becki, Ill put some Alfafa in an envelope and post to you to see if she will eat it. Mine will eat the general Kimberley Meadow Hay at £6.00 a bag at the moment so its cheaper than the timothy. I am going to order some Oxbow Timothy to see if I can get a different cut.

Mine don't like the Orchard Grass too much, either, but they like the Ready Grass. And they love the Burns Organic Mountain hay, which seems to be a new product. It smells lovely, but it says "limited supply", so it may not always be available. If you want something soft and not too long, then the AK Timothy Hay is best. If they like it. :lol:

Well it arrived this morning & shes eaten some!!! :shock::D:D:D:D:D:D Hopefully that will keep her teeth in better shape if she carries on, YAYAY for Bee :D:D

Back