• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

urgent advice needed...

p_prod_uk

Mama Doe
two of my bonded buns are looking really scraggly at the moment and i'm worried that it's more than a moult, a they look really really scraggly and the other two (who are in the shed, the moulting two are in a happy hutch) are both totally fine.
Could mites or some other infestation cause this?

Please reply asap
thx

Not sure hun :? Beau always looks worse than my other three when he is moulting. I feel awful when people come round and see him in the middle of a moult because he looks neglected or something :oops: Where as with the others its not as noticable so I think some do moult worse than others

Can you see anything in their fur, or any dry/irritated patches of skin? x

Not sure hun :? Beau always looks worse than my other three when he is moulting. I feel awful when people come round and see him in the middle of a moult because he looks neglected or something :oops: Where as with the others its not as noticable so I think some do moult worse than others

Can you see anything in their fur, or any dry/irritated patches of skin? x

not that i can see. i will get OH to check them again in the morning incase i've missed something. What does it mean if there is something, just straight to vets i presume? thx for replying so quickly x

not that i can see. i will get OH to check them again in the morning incase i've missed something. What does it mean if there is something, just straight to vets i presume? thx for replying so quickly x

I would have thought so, not sure if you can get anything in pet shops or not for mites :oops: Or just phone the vets and ask, if there doesnt seem to be anything like that and your still worried I guess the vet would know if it looks like a normal moult or not. When my ratty Finn had mites his skin was very flakey in patches but you couldnt actually see anything crawling in his fur or anything :)

I dont think I have any pics of Beau at the worst of his moult, but I will have a quick look now post one if I do so you can see if your buns look the same x

I would have thought so, not sure if you can get anything in pet shops or not for mites :oops: Or just phone the vets and ask, if there doesnt seem to be anything like that and your still worried I guess the vet would know if it looks like a normal moult or not. When my ratty Finn had mites his skin was very flakey in patches but you couldnt actually see anything crawling in his fur or anything :)

I dont think I have any pics of Beau at the worst of his moult, but I will have a quick look now post one if I do so you can see if your buns look the same x

thanks so much :D

A few of mine are moulting at the moment, well no Tigger and Lindt have been moulting forever, but now Tommy has joined in, its all on there butts, lol.

They look so scruffy, so maybe its just that.

Although as mentioned check the skin, if you really are worried contact your vet, they wont mind!

xox

A few of mine are moulting at the moment, well no Tigger and Lindt have been moulting forever, but now Tommy has joined in, its all on there butts, lol.

They look so scruffy, so maybe its just that.

Although as mentioned check the skin, if you really are worried contact your vet, they wont mind!

xox
thanks for replying :)
i will def keep an eye on them for the next few days, but am sure it is just a moult. just worry so much!!
thanks

I have a pair of rather fluffy lops who tend to moult very badly for weeks on end. :roll:

It's worth treating them with Ivermectin just in case. You can buy it from most large pet shops, although it's cheaper on-line.

Rabbits with dental problems sometimes can't groom themselves properly, so it's also worth getting their teeth checked next time they go to the vets.

thanks for replying :)
i will def keep an eye on them for the next few days, but am sure it is just a moult. just worry so much!!
thanks

Okay, just incase here is a pic of Tigger and Lindt moulting...

SDC10348.jpg

SDC10343.jpg

SDC10371.jpg

And a nice one of them lol

SDC10378.jpg

:love:

Okay, just incase here is a pic of Tigger and Lindt moulting...

SDC10348.jpg

SDC10343.jpg

SDC10371.jpg

And a nice one of them lol

SDC10378.jpg

:love:

bless em!!! :D yeah that's exactly what my two are like! they are so different to the other two of mine!
Thanks so much, i cn sleep easy tonight now!! :thumb:

Glad it helped!!!

No Sleepless night for you!!!

I do try brushing them but they aint too keen, they look a right mess.

Each morning cleaning out there run i get a gob full of hair!!!!!

Little Tommy has started now too but he just looks funny lol!

xx

Sounds like a regular moult to me... but you can buy spot on mite and flea treatments, easily enough... I was worried my Timmy had mites the other week as the fur coming out had flakes of skin on the end. So i got some spot on mite treatment, and it cleared him up a treat, so he either had them and it cleared or he didn't and I just gave him a boost of protection!

Back