• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is bonding as stressful as it sounds??

~ Cat ~

Wise Old Thumper
HI folks.

As you know when Lola gets speyed at the end of October we will be looking for a bunny rescue.

But I seem to be daunted about how hard "bonding" seems to be and it all seems so scry with differing advice.

I know a local place that does "speed bunny dating" but what do I do when I bring them home??

Eeeeekkkk I am a bit of a flapper and I am flapping already x x

Some bondings are easy, whilst others are more complex. The important thing is to make sure that all the rules are obeyed particuarly neutral territory.

When your buns are away being bonded you need to thoroughly clean EVERYTHING.

When the buns get home they need to be intitially kept in an area about 5 foot x 2 foot for a few days, only then if they are happy then the space can be expanded slowly. Dont increase the space too quickly otherwise you will find that they will be unsettled and this can result in fights.

It can be stressful, but not always. Even if things are stressful though, you are not allowed to show it, because they will feel it.

If you are getting someone else to do your bonding then you won't have to experience the most stressful part.

Back