• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

going to toilet in nighttime area, few questions

claire193

Young Bun
My new little bun who is now 16 weeks had her for about 7 weeks is using her night time area as the toilet. the problem is her hutch is a 2 tier one and at night time i close off the bottom so she can stay upstairs over night . i worry otherwise that she would fall down the ramp. the problem is im having to change all her bedding daily twice a day. im just worried she will get cold at night with using her snuggly night time bit as her toilet. she has a corner litter tray which she uses but seems to like to wee everywhere! My other rabbit who is a lot bigger has always gone to the loo in her night time bit but she has a huge hutch so in the daytime area in the winter she has a big box filled with hay. Any one help with any of this....

My new little bun who is now 16 weeks had her for about 7 weeks is using her night time area as the toilet. the problem is her hutch is a 2 tier one and at night time i close off the bottom so she can stay upstairs over night . i worry otherwise that she would fall down the ramp. the problem is im having to change all her bedding daily twice a day. im just worried she will get cold at night with using her snuggly night time bit as her toilet. she has a corner litter tray which she uses but seems to like to wee everywhere! My other rabbit who is a lot bigger has always gone to the loo in her night time bit but she has a huge hutch so in the daytime area in the winter she has a big box filled with hay. Any one help with any of this....

if she is fine with ramp in the day then she should be fine with 2 tiers at night really. have you treid using carefresh to soak up wee its more absorbant and put a layer of hay on the top this should keep her dry x

Back