• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Don't know if I told you...Binky went missing :'(

Fluffy_Whabbit

Warren Scout
I don't know if I told anyone on here..but Binky, one of my female rabbits, has disappeared recently...:(

One morning about 3 weeks ago I went to Binky and Tinky's run to feed them, and Binky was not there! :( :cry: There was no place she could possibly have gotten out. I have kept Tinky there for almost all the time that I've had her so far, thats way over 7 months, and she has never once esaped! It really is very strange to me and we have still not found Binky :cry::cry::cry: Tinky is luckilly still there...I don't know if I will find Binky again though :( There are no signs anywhere in our yard, in our field or in the rabbit run that Binky was attacked by something. It really is a mystery.

I just miss her so much...She was such a friendly and loving bunny :(

aww i do know what you are going through as snowy dissapeard too we still havent found her.. please do the followig to heighten chances of getting her back
make and put up posters...offer a small reward
put flyers through local doors...we did 800.
put an ad in local free paper.. my paper never got back to me
get a local radio station to do a shout out.

ring around all the local vets and rabbit rescues centres
ring the rspca and ge put on missing pet database it wil stay on there for 28 daays
get her put onto the lost pets wwebsites there are lots of them

finally og around at dawn and dusk looking for wher.. xxxx
good luck xxxx

Thank you for your advice. Good ideas, will definitely try those, might just be a bit harder because I live on a type of farm, not very big, although there are lots of people in the area too, but it is out of town. Just hope I will get her back! And I hope you will find Snowy soon too!

Sorry to hear that. :( Could someone have stolen her? Can the run be lifted by a fox or a strong dog? Don't give up looking, she may still be hiding somewhere.

It is a possibility that she could have been stolen,, although we have 3 dogs in the yard (also something that worries me, although there are no sign of Binky being attacked such). I'm afraid the same could happen to Tinky, so I'm thinking of maybe bringing her indoors temporarily, and just let her into the run during the day when I'm around.

The run cannot be lifted, it is very well fenced with sturdy iron poles in the ground holding it in place and preventing any dog from getting near the rabbits. The fencing is made of a very strong type of wire and part of the wire is even under ground so nothing could have dug it's way in or out either.

Sorry to hear Binky has disappeared - just realised you live in South Africa so not same sort of location as Bunlover near London.

put treats out -dandelions/carrots to tempt her back and always leave a bowl of water nearby in case she returns.

Do check the earth inside the run in case a burrow has been dug and entrance covered over by other bun -not very likely but you must explore all possibilities. Look in all sorts of nooks and cranny around your farm several times(I expect you have)

I do hope she comes back to you -if you think she's been stolen would local police help?-Sue

Sorry to hear Binky has disappeared - just realised you live in South Africa so not same sort of location as Bunlover near London.

put treats out -dandelions/carrots to tempt her back and always leave a bowl of water nearby in case she returns.

Do check the earth inside the run in case a burrow has been dug and entrance covered over by other bun -not very likely but you must explore all possibilities. Look in all sorts of nooks and cranny around your farm several times(I expect you have)

I do hope she comes back to you -if you think she's been stolen would local police help?-Sue

Already checked for burrows, not a sign of one, and I check regularly with a spade. And yes, I have looked everywhere for her, even went out at night quite a few times.

I doubt if police would help...to them rabbits aren't always worth the trouble:evil: and some of them don't even react to other serious crimes...:roll:

Back