• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bramble was taken poorly last night eck stupid me gave the wrong bun meds

SOAD

Wise Old Thumper
I don't know what's going on with my buns, but Bramble was taken poorly last night. She didn't want her tea and lying on her tummy like it hurt her. I took her temp and it was low, so warmed her up, gave her some meds and syringed her some food and water and she seemed to brighten up. I put her down and made her run around, which wasn't going too bad, took her temp again and it had dropped since I warmed her up. :(

I took her up st georges and asked for them to admit her, I am really flued up and too poorly to look after her. They said she didn't need admitting because although her temp was low, they couldn't find anything wrong with her, her lungs were clear, no bloat or impactation and her heart was good, but to be honest I had tried for an hour of so and she seemed quite flat with me. So they agreed to take over the care, good job as I have been really poorlyin the night and I've got to take Chocky to her vets for her operation today and that's about 70 miles away.

I am really worried, I don;t know if you remember but I had them from a rescue (her and Thistle) on the agreement I didn't neuter, but earlier in the year when they went for their myx, my vet said he could feel something and I had them neutered anyway and there was tomours, I am hoping it's nothing to do with that.

I am just waiting for the vet to call me back

Last edited:
well this is embarressing it's Thistle :oops::oops::oops:. I did say when I admitted her she looks a lot like her sister/mom (not sure how they're related), anyway they scanned her chip and it's Thistle (she had the same neutering problem as Bramble).

Anyway her tempreture is still low 36.5 and she's been on a heat pad, she has been eating by herself, but only had one poo, I did the right thing to admit her then, she's stopping in today for more treatment.

Thanks Denny, I am starting to get worried that I am doing something wrong. I better go and get dressed got loads to do, feel like pants :(

Believe me Tree, you are doing nothing wrong and I admire you for being so on the ball and getting your buns to a vet so quickly:) should you really be going to work when you feel this ill;)

Bloomin heck, not again! You're having such a run of bad luck. Hope she's ok and Choccy does well today too x

Sending huge amounts of vibes for Thistle. Things are ten times harder when you are ill yourself and you have to look after a poorly bun. xx

Awwww mate its Thistle :lol: You do make me laugh I spoke to Bryn last night did he tell you? :lol:

Sending Thistle vibes and also vibes to Choccy :love:

Back