PDA

View Full Version : Bramble was taken poorly last night eck stupid me gave the wrong bun meds

SOAD
25-09-2008, 08:11 AM
I don't know what's going on with my buns, but Bramble was taken poorly last night. She didn't want her tea and lying on her tummy like it hurt her. I took her temp and it was low, so warmed her up, gave her some meds and syringed her some food and water and she seemed to brighten up. I put her down and made her run around, which wasn't going too bad, took her temp again and it had dropped since I warmed her up. :(

I took her up st georges and asked for them to admit her, I am really flued up and too poorly to look after her. They said she didn't need admitting because although her temp was low, they couldn't find anything wrong with her, her lungs were clear, no bloat or impactation and her heart was good, but to be honest I had tried for an hour of so and she seemed quite flat with me. So they agreed to take over the care, good job as I have been really poorlyin the night and I've got to take Chocky to her vets for her operation today and that's about 70 miles away.

I am really worried, I don;t know if you remember but I had them from a rescue (her and Thistle) on the agreement I didn't neuter, but earlier in the year when they went for their myx, my vet said he could feel something and I had them neutered anyway and there was tomours, I am hoping it's nothing to do with that.

I am just waiting for the vet to call me back

SOAD
25-09-2008, 08:20 AM
well this is embarressing it's Thistle :oops::oops::oops:. I did say when I admitted her she looks a lot like her sister/mom (not sure how they're related), anyway they scanned her chip and it's Thistle (she had the same neutering problem as Bramble).

Anyway her tempreture is still low 36.5 and she's been on a heat pad, she has been eating by herself, but only had one poo, I did the right thing to admit her then, she's stopping in today for more treatment.

Denny
25-09-2008, 08:21 AM
fingers, legs, toes and paws crossed for Thistle Tree, I am sure she will be fine:)

SOAD
25-09-2008, 08:24 AM
Thanks Denny, I am starting to get worried that I am doing something wrong. I better go and get dressed got loads to do, feel like pants :(

Denny
25-09-2008, 08:27 AM
Believe me Tree, you are doing nothing wrong and I admire you for being so on the ball and getting your buns to a vet so quickly:) should you really be going to work when you feel this ill;)

Becca
25-09-2008, 08:30 AM
Sending lots of vibes.

Lucy
25-09-2008, 08:35 AM
Bloomin heck, not again! You're having such a run of bad luck. Hope she's ok and Choccy does well today too x

oscarbunny
25-09-2008, 08:36 AM
Sending huge amounts of vibes for Thistle. Things are ten times harder when you are ill yourself and you have to look after a poorly bun. xx

Jack's-Jane
25-09-2008, 08:43 AM
Oh no Tree :cry:

I hope Thistle will soon be better and that you will be too !!

Lots of vibes heading up the M1 :wave:

Becca6
25-09-2008, 08:43 AM
Sending vibes to you and Thistle, and hope you're feeling a lot better soon.

Lspacehopper
25-09-2008, 08:47 AM
Awww....hope Thistle feels better soon, and you!! xxx

BirdieBun
25-09-2008, 09:39 AM
Awwww mate its Thistle :lol: You do make me laugh I spoke to Bryn last night did he tell you? :lol:

Sending Thistle vibes and also vibes to Choccy :love:

cookie and the girls
25-09-2008, 09:53 AM
Hope you and Thistle feel better soon :love:

Steph
25-09-2008, 10:12 AM
Loads of vibes to Thistle and Chocky and hugs to you mate xxx

drpengie
25-09-2008, 10:16 AM
aww bless I hope she feels better soon!! Good job they are chipped eh?! :lol: :oops:

Estelle
25-09-2008, 10:24 AM
sending get well vibes to both of you! :)

abbymarysmokey
25-09-2008, 11:13 AM
Sending vibes for poor Thistle xx

*Bex*
25-09-2008, 11:13 AM
Sending vibes xx

Maizey
25-09-2008, 11:16 AM
Im sorry Tree sending loads of vibes Thistles way

Happy Hopping
25-09-2008, 11:28 AM
Sending healthy healing vibes to little Thistle.

Snowy
25-09-2008, 12:27 PM
I am really worried, I don;t know if you remember but I had them from a rescue (her and Thistle) on the agreement I didn't neuter, but earlier in the year when they went for their myx, my vet said he could feel something and I had them neutered anyway and there was tomours, I am hoping it's nothing to do with that.

Am I reading that right? a rescue that says you mustn't neuter? why?

Hope she gets better soon anyway and get well vibes to you as well!

bunlover
25-09-2008, 12:28 PM
Am I reading that right? a rescue that says you mustn't neuter? why?

Hope she gets better soon anyway and get well vibes to you as well!

i too thought that was strange unles sof cours the bun had a bad heart or other reason which makes it understandable. either way wishing a recovery to which ever bun it is that is ill lol im geetting confused!!!!

sdf76
25-09-2008, 01:25 PM
i too thought that was strange unles sof cours the bun had a bad heart or other reason which makes it understandable. either way wishing a recovery to which ever bun it is that is ill lol im geetting confused!!!!

The buns look so alike they can only be distinguished by microchip- which has confirmed its Thistle.

Get well soon Thistle, and you too Tree-Sue:wave:

Fluffy_Whabbit
25-09-2008, 01:32 PM
Get better soon both you and Thistle! :wave: Wishing you the best!

luvabun
25-09-2008, 01:50 PM
http://bestsmileys.com/flowers/3.gif Hope you and Thistle feel better soon mate.

SOAD
25-09-2008, 06:22 PM
Thanks everyone,

Well, I said to Bryn you will have to deal with Thistle as I had to take Chocky over to her vets and then when I went to Nibbles she had an abscess come up so she had to go to the vets that does teeth without ga for that to be done, I have litteraly come back in. Anyway I rang up Bryn to see how Thistle was and he said she was just in an oxygen tent, I was omfg :shock: I didn't think she was that bad and he said she'd just had a ga and was coming round, he could of told me that bit first I nearly :censored: myself, thinking she was having oxygen to keep her alive. The vet had said that they could see some spurs on her back teeth and asked him if they should take them off, so he had said yes. I have just spoke to the vet and she's a bit wobberly and will be staying in tonight too.

Chocky didn't have her op, the vet thinks a low fat diet will reduce it and she has to go back in three months and Nibbles has had her abcsess done. I feel really rough, before I do anything else I need a sleep.

The rescue doesn't believe in spaying females, she believes it shortens their life., all boys are neutered, the lady that runs it is very old and as always done things that way, she's too old to change.

rabbitabby
25-09-2008, 06:39 PM
Sounds like the vet gave you a bit of surprise with the oxygen tent bit.. :shock: Hope everyone continues to improve, including you!

bunlover
25-09-2008, 07:19 PM
Thanks everyone,

Well, I said to Bryn you will have to deal with Thistle as I had to take Chocky over to her vets and then when I went to Nibbles she had an abscess come up so she had to go to the vets that does teeth without ga for that to be done, I have litteraly come back in. Anyway I rang up Bryn to see how Thistle was and he said she was just in an oxygen tent, I was omfg :shock: I didn't think she was that bad and he said she'd just had a ga and was coming round, he could of told me that bit first I nearly :censored: myself, thinking she was having oxygen to keep her alive. The vet had said that they could see some spurs on her back teeth and asked him if they should take them off, so he had said yes. I have just spoke to the vet and she's a bit wobberly and will be staying in tonight too.

Chocky didn't have her op, the vet thinks a low fat diet will reduce it and she has to go back in three months and Nibbles has had her abcsess done. I feel really rough, before I do anything else I need a sleep.

The rescue doesn't believe in spaying females, she believes it shortens their life., all boys are neutered, the lady that runs it is very old and as always done things that way, she's too old to change.

glad the animals are all doing wel. is chocky a bun? i get a bit confused! hope they all get better soon!
shame about the rescue ladys attititude to speys because of caner risk but nothing you can do. im glad you did get yours done anyway xx

Steph
25-09-2008, 09:12 PM
Sending vibes and hugs to you xxx

raine
25-09-2008, 10:59 PM
Glad they all seem to be out of the woods. Those microchips come in handy:lol: I know you feel as if its one thing after another with your buns, but thankfully they are with you and receive very fast vet care the moment you notice something. Hoping your flu goes soonxxx

oscarbunny
25-09-2008, 10:59 PM
Sending loads and loads of vibes for all your poorly bunsters Tree, and hope you feel a bit better soon too xx

billysmom
25-09-2008, 11:07 PM
Sending vibes to Thistle & Chocky, hope you feel well soon Deb:D

SOAD
26-09-2008, 08:06 AM
Thank god for mircochips :lol:

Well just rang up and spoke to the nurse, she said the vet would call me back but with an emergency at the minute, but she said she's not eat a lot bt is settled.

Chocky is a cockatiel.

SOAD
26-09-2008, 11:36 AM
she can come home whoopy whoopy :D:D:D:D:D

Maizey
26-09-2008, 11:53 AM
Aww thats great news Tree Im so glad for you

oscarbunny
26-09-2008, 11:55 AM
Brilliant news !! :D

Snowy
26-09-2008, 12:50 PM

Ah right, I think I know who this is now, yes I spoke to her some time back as I offered to take and rehome 6 of her females and she wouldn;t let me in case I got them neutered, sad really.

Hope the bunny is OK by the way!

SOAD
26-09-2008, 10:09 PM
Thanks, well I am sure the chips are in the wrong way round because having the two next to each other, I swear it was Bramble that was ill even though her chip says Thistle :lol::lol::lol: the vet has cut some hair off the back of her head so I know which one to give meds to :oops::oops::lol::lol::lol:

Yep Theo sounds like the same lady, I only really foster Bramble and Thistle (although not told her one has been poorly :oops:), although I do pay all their vet bills and had them chipped in my name :oops::oops:, but I normally have the difficult or bitey bunnies from there, as she has enough trouble finding homes for the freindly bunnies, the problem ones don't get a look in. I wouldn't push the neuter thing with her as it may get her back up and then I wont be able to help the bunnies.

SOAD
27-09-2008, 11:42 AM
OOOOOOOKKKKKKKKKK the chips are the right way round and I might of given the wrong bunny meds last night :oops::oops:, I thought what was a natural short hair on the back of the head was where the vet had shaved, it's only in teh light of day I have noticed that Thistle does have a proper shaved bit. Thank God it's just zantac she's on and nothing injectable :oops::oops::oops:

I can't stress how much these two look alike :oops::oops:

SOAD
27-09-2008, 11:46 AM
These are them, they do look teh same :oops:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v642/Tree4836/DSCF0592.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v642/Tree4836/Pic443.jpg

oscarbunny
27-09-2008, 12:00 PM
They do look very very alike :D

What are you like? :lol:

SarahP
27-09-2008, 12:22 PM
I remember not long after I got the buns, their colourings kept changing due to their moults, so I started to just go on their personalities to judge which was which. One evening I went to feed them and one came running forward and the other was in the corner in stasis, and I had no idea at first which it was because I couldn't really compare their personalities, with one being ill! God, that was stressful - I remember writing about it on here! I eventually decided which I thought it was and booked her in at the vets, but I still wasn't 100% certain! :oops: :shock:

Happy Hopping
27-09-2008, 12:36 PM
You can temporary shave the fur on a small part of 1 of the bun for ID purpose, say the corner of the ear. The fur will grow back anyway

raine
27-09-2008, 01:14 PM
They remind me of Dumpling. These two do like so alike.

Hugo's There
27-09-2008, 01:17 PM
They remind me of Dumpling. These two do like so alike.

They are very like Dumpling, Tree are you sure I've got Dumpling and not Bramble :?:lol::lol::lol:

SOAD
27-09-2008, 04:26 PM
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: the vet shaved me a section too, so I cold tell them apart, I still mixed them up :oops::oops: