• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

RE-Litterpan training

William

Wise Old Thumper
My rabbit Izzy used to be littertrained but he wasn't indoors for a long time so I guess he forgot (and back then he used a cardboarrd box as a litterpan and now I've got him a cat litterpan). He now pees under my bed next to/around the litterpan. If I move the littterpan to where he peed he pees next to it. And he poops whereever he likes but generally doesn't poo on the bins under my bed (that's where he likes to lay) or around his food/water. I just keep putting the pee/poop in the litterpan to see if he'll figure it out (that's how I first litter- trained him). Do ya think he'll realize he's supposed to go IN the litterpan?

What a naughty boy!

Is he neutered? It can help with litter training.

Not sure how you could stop him peeing against the litter tray :?

No, he's not neutered, yet anyway. I think he's still confused about why he has a cat litterpan instead of a cardboard box to go in because he's peed in his box I gave him to lay in :(

Its really driving me crazy because his pee smellls awful and when I try to pick up the newspaper he pees on (i have newspaper down over my (already ruined) carpet) it dribbles off. I havent told my parents yet that he's Not littertrained... I'm supposed to be gettin a lament wood floor soon and if Izzy pees on that that will be really BAD because rabbit pee stains lament flooring a whitest color... I don't know what to do :evil:

No, he's not neutered, yet anyway. I think he's still confused about why he has a cat litterpan instead of a cardboard box to go in because he's peed in his box I gave him to lay in :(

Its really driving me crazy because his pee smellls awful and when I try to pick up the newspaper he pees on (i have newspaper down over my (already ruined) carpet) it dribbles off. I havent told my parents yet that he's Not littertrained... I'm supposed to be gettin a lament wood floor soon and if Izzy pees on that that will be really BAD because rabbit pee stains lament flooring a whitest color... I don't know what to do :evil:

Castrate him. Not only will it hep with litter training, his wee wont smell as much. It's odd about laminate though - I've not had mine stained and it's been down a year and had a fair few bunny accidents on it; still looks spotless.

Perhaps you could put the litter tray inside a box and he will get the idea?

Good idea, I'll try that.

Castrate him. Not only will it hep with litter training, his wee wont smell as much. It's odd about laminate though - I've not had mine stained and it's been down a year and had a fair few bunny accidents on it; still looks spotless.

Really? back when we had Raven and Izzy in cages in the house they would pee outside of the cage and if it wasn't cleaned up soon after it stained the floor. I do plan on neutering them, it's just actually getting my parents to ahve it done is the problem. They put things off alot.

Really? back when we had Raven and Izzy in cages in the house they would pee outside of the cage and if it wasn't cleaned up soon after it stained the floor. I do plan on neutering them, it's just actually getting my parents to ahve it done is the problem. They put things off alot.

I've not had a problem with it, even if I've not noticed and left it overnight and/or the whole day - and it's only cheap laminate too :lol:

Back