• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is there a sanctuary for....?

abbymarysmokey

Wise Old Thumper
Aggressive buns or dental buns?

I think I have asked before, but had no luck finding any :(

It would be sad if there wasn't because these 2 groups seem to make up most of the 'unhomeable' rabbits in rescue.

It would be nice to think that all rescues were like Honeybunnies and had a no PTS policy for these rabbits, but I can't imagine this is the case everywhere :cry:

we don't pts dental or biting buns and if we have space we don't turn them away. it's true they do take up space long term but we never give up on them and hope that eventually someone is willing to take on the responsibility of these buns. there have been a few buns that we thought would have been with us forever because of these problems but there are some very nice people out there. infact some of them use this forum :D:D thankyou to these people:D

We have dental buns here, but no aggressive bunnies. But we certainly wouldn't turn bunnies away with these problems if we were asked to take them in and had the space :D

with ours it depends. people fostering dental buns for us have to live close as they have to use our vets so sometimes its difficult finding people. as for biting bunnys, we don't get many people voluntering to foster for these :lol: but we are lucky as at the moment we don't have any nasty biters in, just a tempramental one.:lol:

im getting my aggresive bunny neutured tomorrow
This is what he done to me not to long ago
snipersdamage002.jpg

snipersdamage007.jpg

Definately know of rescues that do pts :( When I have my own house, I'd like to adopt six or so aggressive furries & let them live out their lives. Only had one naughty lady, but she stole my heart X

I don't PTS any of these types and def don't turn them away and I love aggressive buns:D. I would love to have a sanctuary for aggressive buns as I just think they are fab:D

We aren't a rescue, but quite a few of our buns have come to us for being aggressive, or it has become apparent that is why they were dumped.
The worst case we had was a rabbit, who had been found dumped with cigarette burns on her body and a broken foreleg. We were ask to take her as the rescue didn't have time for her, they had her for 4 years, she would bite anything and anywhere. Mike spent a lot of time with her and by the time she died you could pick her up wearing just a t-shirt, that kind of gave me hope that most bunnies can be turned around and at least become handlable.

Last edited:
We aren't a rescue, but quite a few of our buns have come to us for being aggressive, or it has become apparent that is why they were dumped.
The worst case we had was a rabbit, who had been found dumped with cigarette burns on her body and a broken foreleg. We were ask to take her as the rescue didn't have time for her, they had her for 4 years, she would bite anything and anywhere. Mike spent a lot of time with her and by the time she died you could pick her up using a t-shirt, that kind of gave me hope that most bunnies can be turned around and at least become handlable.

aww thats so sick that someone would burn a bunny.....there are some idiots out there

The worst case we had was a rabbit, who had been found dumped with cigarette burns on her body and a broken foreleg. We were ask to take her as the rescue didn't have time for her, they had her for 4 years, she would bite anything and anywhere. Mike spent a lot of time with her and by the time she died you could pick her up wearing just a t-shirt, that kind of gave me hope that most bunnies can be turned around and at least become handlable.

OMG how awful is that - it's no wonder some bunnies are agressive, I firmly believe that a lot of the time it's not their fault. More like what humans (before they came into rescue) inflicted on them :cry:

The grumpy ones are the ones I get attached to:D
and as for the dental bunnies..well it sometimes means they take up a space..and their lives may be shortened due to severe problems..but how can anyone look at my Duncan now at RB
Duncanp.jpg

and say he shouldn't have had the extra 20 months he had.

The grumpy ones are the ones I get attached to:D
and as for the dental bunnies..well it sometimes means they take up a space..and their lives may be shortened due to severe problems..but how can anyone look at my Duncan now at RB
Duncanp.jpg

and say he shouldn't have had the extra 20 months he had.

What a lovely bun.:cry:

I took on two aggressive buns this summer and it's so rewarding to work with them. I also have 3 dental bus who are so loving, I couldn't imagine being without them. I couldn't have them pts for dental or aggression issues and I do like to help if I am in a position to do so.

Most of mine are dental bunnies and quite a few came in as aggresive and I :love: the aggresive ones, it's really rewarding when you work with them and gain their trust and they calm down.

I have taken one in tonight from the RSPCA, a stray and very aggresive as well as very thin, looks like he has dental problems too!

We NEVER, ever PTS for the above reasons and do everything we can to help them, if they can't be homed then they stay forever

We take aggressive ones as a priority when we have space.

I have two dental buns and 1 aggressive bun and one reformed aggressive bun

When researching aggression when one of mine was horrid my mum actually came across a site that belonged to a lady who did take in all aggressive buns, so that would probably constitute similar to what you are asking about.

Back