• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New arrivals/ new pics pg2

Lillian

Warren Veteran
After a crappy month things just might get better. After four long years i have finally got the animal of my dreams :love: Chinchillas. I got two 2 year old brothers (if anyone knows the names of there colourings it would be nice to know). There cage hasn't been finished yet, we are getting the toys and sorting out the platforms over the next few days and my room is sorted so they can run free all evening :)

After all i had read i was expecting them to be timid little things but they certainly aren't! They love cuddles, they are SO friendly :love: They aren't scared of anything at all :shock:

As i named my two dumbo rats Jekyll and Hyde after my second favourite novel i decided i wanted to name them something to do with my dear Jekyll, so i have called them Robert and Louis (For those who don't know The Strange case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde is a novel written by Robert Louis Stevenson)

So here is Robert
Robert4.jpg

Robert.jpg

And Louis
Louis2.jpg

Louis3.jpg

My mum is deciding whether to buy a big cage and get the other two chinchillas, theres another brother and father. They all lived together. Theres also a sister and mother who lived seperately from the boys.

Last edited:
Thank you :) I'm so happy to finally have chinchillas. They have spent all evening in there sand bath, bless them

cute :D i culdn't leave them rest :lol: :lol:

yep - i've been told that they're not good pets. A boy in my year has them and they always bite him to bits :shock:

Are they rescues?
Ive always wanted some, but as one of my dogs is obsessed with squirrels ive never felt it was a good idea as they move so quickly.

Such cute little guys!

Aww they are gorgeous boys :) Robert is a pink white and Louis looks like a silver.
I have a 6 year old beige chinnie called smudge, he is in my signature :)
They are very bold and cheeky creatures :lol: you do get grumpy ones but the majority are very friendly, the same as with rabbits I suppose.
They can be very destructive so I would be carefull with anything plastic including the water bottle,
Smudge has to have a bottle holder with a metal plate to stop him chewing through it :roll:

Are they rescues?
Ive always wanted some, but as one of my dogs is obsessed with squirrels ive never felt it was a good idea as they move so quickly.

Such cute little guys!

The person i got them from rescued the parents, the mother was already pregnant. They are split into male and female groups. Unfortunately the previous owner is moving house and has to rehome all of them.

My dogs have been very good so far, they sniffed at the cage then left the room :)

Thank you everyone whose shared advice, and to everyone who replied on my chinchilla thread the other day. I have joined the chinchilla forum but haven't got round to posting on there yet.

Last edited:
They have settled in well and have been very good so far. I'm surprised at how messy they are though. But i love them so much :love:

chins021.jpg

chins017.jpg

chins016.jpg

^^ Robert having a bath :lol:
chinchillas005.jpg

chinchillas006.jpg

chinchillas007.jpg

Louis
chins015.jpg

chins020.jpg

chinchillas009.jpg

chinchillas010.jpg

chinchillas016.jpg

chinchillas020.jpg

chinchillas017.jpg

The boys
chinchillas018.jpg

My parents are taking me out this weekend to get them loads of toys and stuff to play with :D

Last edited:
Back