• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How soon can I start looking for a husbbun?

~ Cat ~

Wise Old Thumper
Hi folks!

Lola is getting speyed at the end of October (Halloween).

How soon can I start looking for a husbun after? I know speying will be traumatic so dont want to rush her - but she is dying for someone to play with.

Also does anyone know of a rescue near Leeds that does "bonding"??

Thank you!

Probably a good month, I would think. That allows time for her to fully heal and her hormones to abate a bit, but her hormones might take longer to ease, so you might have to wait longer, depending on how she acts.

Thank you - I am finding it hard to be patient but I know its a long slow process best done right.

I would love to send her "speed dating" to a local rescue to find a real forever husband x

There may be some rescues nearer to you but ...

http://www.geocities.com/bunnycampsanctuary/

do bonding.

I've read advice on RU that the minimum time for the hormones to have gone sufficiently is 10 days after spay, for that to be a good time to start the bonding process.

As for when to start looking, I think I would just keep an eye on local rescues or rescues that would be willing to do bunny runs and take it from there.

There's always the stress that the bunnies won't get on though so I'm guessing the easiest way is reserve a bunny subject to the bonding and hope it goes to plan. Maybe then the rescue can offer a more suitable companion for her character if it doesn't work.... or just suggest one with compatible character in the first place!! (I did it the hard way of course but I just had to have Tinkerbell).

I'd say about 2 weeks should be fine. I'd start looking about a two weeks to a month before you want to get a boyfriend so you can get homechecks, transport etc sorted out and don't loose the boy of your dreams....but if you leave too long a gap the rescue might not be able to hold him for that long.

I'd say about 2 weeks should be fine. I'd start looking about a two weeks to a month before you want to get a boyfriend so you can get homechecks, transport etc sorted out and don't loose the boy of your dreams....but if you leave too long a gap the rescue might not be able to hold him for that long.

Thank you! I just want to get it right - we dont seem to have any local rescues and I would love to try speed dating Lola to make sure she gets the ideal partner - going into hospital on Oct 2nd for surgery has really cocked things up for me!!!:censored:

Back