• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help - black things crawling on my bunny!

I don't believe thsi - it's one thing after another at the moment!

Gregory has loads of hard black bits deep down in his coat and there's some black things crawling around - doesn't look like fleas.

Should I call emergency vet?

just looked on the back of xenex ultra spot on, it gets rid of fleas and lice:)
ive had a bunny with fleas and actually they didn't look like what i expected.they were black and round looking and tend to crawl around the fur not just near the skin but to the ends of the hairs too.

Afraid I can't be of any help on the medical front :( But if you're worried I'd call your vet for advice ... keep us posted x

the black bits in clumps is probably flea or lice poo. if it is flea poo and you put some on white tissue and add a bit of water to paper it turns reddish.

The vet is calling me back - I feel such a fuss pot!

Just pulled on eof the hard black things out and it's in a coil shape! Like a poo maybe?

Right think it's fleas! Feel a div for calling the vet!
I'm so cross - our school is infested with fleas! One little girl in my class got some bites infected, another was bitten today and so was I! This should have twigged straight away I guess!

I have complained ot teh head - the nursery is already getting deflead on Saturday and my classroom will be done 'if there's any stuff left over!'!

Aww poor Gregory :( Poor little chap, as if he hasn't had enough to contend with.

I hope you manage to get them sorted out quickly.

I've not had a great deal to do with fleas but I used to work at a housing association and some of the workers brought fleas back to the office on a regular basis from empty properties UGH

yeah you'll need to get some environmental flea spray from the vets for your house when you get some flea treatment for the bun.

Oh thank you - I suspected I would probably have to! For goodness sake - the vet is going think I have munchauasens for my bunny!!! I feel like I live there at the mo!

Thanks - I'm hoping this is a case of things coming in 3s and this is the last!

Just spoken to another parent of a child in my class (also a colleague) whose child had a flea bite last week and she couldn't work out where from and another colleague who had an actual flea on her in another classroom....planning to go air my views to the head tomorrow now! Can't think how else he'd have got fleas!

Back