• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fat Pig

Radish

Mama Doe
Parker got into a cupboard and ate two kilos of dry dog food.

he's now very very sore and uncomfortable and keeps moaning and groaning and he can't walk properly.

this was actually a very dangerous thing for him to do because they can actually tear their intestines if dogs eat so much...each time he drinks the dry food expands a bit more.

greedy hog.....:love::love:

DSC00346.jpg

DSC00344.jpg

DSC00352.jpg

You need to be careful of a GDV (twisted gut).

Have you rung your vet for advice? They may suggest making him vomit because that amount of food can cause many problems, some of which may need surgery.

You need to be careful of a GDV (twisted gut).

Have you rung your vet for advice? They may suggest making him vomit because that amount of food can cause many problems, some of which may need surgery.

i work at the vets:D he's not in danger of a twisted gut but more likely to have a perforation, or at worst a touch of bloat( although he'd have needed to gulp- down air with the food) but we've kept him pretty immobile which helps in this situation.

i fed him soda crystals to try and make him sick but he only vomitted a small amount as he'd eaten the food quite sometime before i found him.

Last edited:
i work at the vets:D he's not in danger of a twisted gut but more likely to have a perforation, or at worst a touch of bloat( although he'd have needed to gulp- down air with the food) but we've kept him pretty immobile which helps in this situation.

i fed him soda crystals to try and make him sick but he only vomitted a small amount as he'd eaten the food quite sometime before i found him.

Thats good. At the surgery i worked at we had a Doberman come in that had eaten a whole lasagne, she had Von W, and had cut her nose, but my 11pm we were doing emergency surgery for a GDV.
It was our Xmas meal night aswell, and have of us (including me) didnt make it :(

Oh Parker, you greedy piggy. :no::lol:

He looks very sorry for himself, bless him. Hope he's better soon and I'm sure you'll be scooping lots of poop tomorrow. :shock:

Poor boy, he does look pretty miserable and look at that bloated tum. :(

Hope he feels better soon, I would say that maybe it will teach him not to be so greedy, but of course he wont associate what he ate with how sick he feels now.

Aww poor Parker.You are such a sweetie :love::love::love::love:I hope your mummy hides the food in a better place next time.I wish some one would hide the food away from me to:oops::oops::oops::oops:

Aww poor Parker.You are such a sweetie :love::love::love::love:I hope your mummy hides the food in a better place next time.I wish some one would hide the food away from me to:oops::oops::oops::oops:

his mummy didn't hide the food in a bad place;) it's been kept in the same cupboard all his life with a child lock fitted(there's a child lock on all the cupboards and the fridge)but dear little Parker made it his days mission to chew off the lock:D

Oh, Parker!!!:cry:

I hope he is feeling better very soon......he really DOES look like he is feeling sorry for himself! :(

He is GORGEOUS!!! :love:

hi

he's still very fat today even after seven poos so far:lol:

it will take probably five days before he gets back to his normal shape and one of the vets just rang me to see how he is today and i told him that we could still tie Parkers legs together and roll him down a hill:lol:

he's not getting fed until tomorrow.....he has to be fed at some point as he is on hepatic food( which isn't what he stole)and needs it to maintain his liver which doesn't work properly at the best of times.:roll:

Back