• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Has anyone got a Dog kennel and Run?

Jack-Bun

Warren Veteran
Does anyone have one?
I was thinking about one for the buns, when we move house, but I wanted to know if it is a good size, etc.?

Thanks x
Jack x

Do you mean like this? This is a 9ft x 5ft kennel with the run end at 5ftx5ft and the enclosed kennel end at 4ftx5ft over two levels. I then added a 6ftx3ft run to one end giving an overall surface area of 83 sq ft.

25042008222-2.jpg

Although that's when I first had it as it's been updated a bit and now looks like this inside

14082008101-1.jpg

and like this outside

14082008099-1.jpg

Thanks - although it's not ideal but was all I could fit into the available space. I prefer my original homemade shed/run which is this:-

21062008017-1.jpg

21062008017-1-1.jpg

Mackers, have they not took to remodelling the inside? Frank is in a similar set up of a 10x4 kennel an run, although for now he's just in the 6 x 4 run part which I've insulated the floor of and blocked most of the front up (for protection from the weather) so just the door is mesh. Franks been having a grand old time eating the joists/frame, so much so I'm going to have to cover the corners with plasterers beading. It was any port in a storm when I rescued Frank and it's far better than the 4 foot by 18" hutch he was in and had partially eaten his way out of.

I realy want one, but the oly problem is, the smaller run would have to go on the front, as that is the only space there would be available. I need a way I can attach a run on the front, and still have access to the kennel/run?
Jack x

Mackers, have they not took to remodelling the inside? Frank is in a similar set up of a 10x4 kennel an run, although for now he's just in the 6 x 4 run part which I've insulated the floor of and blocked most of the front up (for protection from the weather) so just the door is mesh. Franks been having a grand old time eating the joists/frame, so much so I'm going to have to cover the corners with plasterers beading. It was any port in a storm when I rescued Frank and it's far better than the 4 foot by 18" hutch he was in and had partially eaten his way out of.

Fortunately, Flora and Parsnip aren't great chewers, although they've had a little nibble here and there. They prefer to rip their cardboard boxes to shreds - I get through a new one every month or so.

I realy want one, but the oly problem is, the smaller run would have to go on the front, as that is the only space there would be available. I need a way I can attach a run on the front, and still have access to the kennel/run?
Jack x

Why do you need a smaller run? Do you mean like the 6x3 run I've attached to one end of my kennel? I only did that because I'm a sucker for a cute face and I felt a need to give them a bit of grass to sit on rather than just slabs and wood. The kennel itself was plenty big enough. If you really want to attach a separate run to the kennel, and you need to attach it on the front rather than the end, just make sure the door to the kennel is on an end - you'd be able to easily attach a small run to the front of my kennel. I just chose to bung it on the end where it took up less space on the lawn (I have to leave some grass for the dogs!)

Thanks! I think the neighbours were a bit worried when we first moved in nearly 20 years ago as they thought we were keeping huge guard dogs out there! They were relieved when it was just bunnies who took up residence. It's a really 'natural' environment for them (or as natural as I can get whilst they're still safe). I have to keep the trees cut back though or else the grass won't grow. I feel mean that Flora and Parsnip's enclosure is far less natural but I figured it's still better than them being in rescue.

I have two dog kennel runs. One is 12 x 6 and the other 10 x 6 complete with stable doors and a bunny door too. The bigger one has a 6 x 6 shed bit and a 6 x 6 run and the littler one has a 6 x 4 shed bit and a 6 x 6 run. I love them. They have loads of toys in them and the weld mesh goes to the floor for the chewers :lol: Obviously the hutch is never shut :) The runs are covered so nobun gets wet nor me :lol:

kennel014.jpg

kennel012.jpg

P2260052.jpg

P2260045.jpg

Back