• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

when fox's atack???

angieb

Mama Doe
Awhile ago my rabbits run got pulled apart by a predetor, but i dont know what? It left a hole in the side and when i came home my bugsy had gone!

Somebody said to me that when a fox gets a rabbit it doesn't leave any fur, blood or anything and just runs with the rabbit!!!!!:shock:

I am hopeing that bugsy hid in the bed part and then made a run for it when the animal? had gone......And now is being cared for by somebody else.

Is it true that they can catch the rabbit and not leave a trace as there was no fur blood or anything anywhere.

I looked everywhere and there was no trace of him.

I still look and expect him to hop out from under the outbuilings but i am losing hope as its been about 6mths now:cry:

mostly foxes leave a lot of mess.. unless its a vixen taking an animal back to the cubs :( hope that she is somewhere hiding and comes back to you xx

Oh dear i'm so sorry to hear that :( it must be awful not knowing.

Yes foxes do tend to leave a mess but perhaps it was a vixen like bunlover said.

It's unusual that a fox would rip open a run though. I haven't heard that before, they may prise lose wire open but if it was secure it shouldn't have got in.

I get a lot of foxes around my parents house and i've seen them in the garden hundreds of times but they have never bothered with the rabbit hutch and sometimes the rabbit was left out till late at night when it was warm so the fox musta known he was there.

But then i don't know an animal big enough to break a run and carry off a rabbit.. unless it was a badger and that wuld be unlikely.

Hopefully the bun is hiding or perhaps has joined a wild warren :) keep your hopes up. My guinea once escaped for 4 weeks and one day she turned up and we caught her :D

Back