• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

why do i look

sue 1974

Alpha Buck
I went into pets at home today to buy some toys and there were 2 buns there. 1 was brown and said was 5 years old, male and castrated, the female was 1 year old white with red eyes, though i think she looked older than 1.

thing is they have been in there a month now and they look so sad. i keep thinking maybe i could buy another hutch and run and get them, but then i don't know what health problems they could have and maybe they look sad as they are not well. I already have 6 buns and if i got another 2 that obviously more cost for vacs and food etc.

What shall i do?

I went into pets at home today to buy some toys and there were 2 buns there. 1 was brown and said was 5 years old, male and castrated, the female was 1 year old white with red eyes, though i think she looked older than 1.

thing is they have been in there a month now and they look so sad. i keep thinking maybe i could buy another hutch and run and get them, but then i don't know what health problems they could have and maybe they look sad as they are not well. I already have 6 buns and if i got another 2 that obviously more cost for vacs and food etc.

What shall i do?

well its your dilema. i guess they are in the adoptions section? thats how i ended up with stitch. he has only 1 eye and has a white dot in his remaining eye and seems in generally good health. iv paid for his adooption fee...£15, his vaccinations now.. which were 23 pounds. he will be being neutered before i manage to rehome him..which will be £46. i will be buying him the pah nuggets for now as that is what he is used to £5 new food and water bowl £10. toys£15. i have acccomodation so thats not a big issue. i have also bought some pannacur to sort him £13. online. so really im looking at the costs now and its quite a lot added together. i just am saying this i dont regret taking stitch as he is nearly blind and needs to see a rabbit savvy vet to find out the cauase of his white dot. but be careful bringing an unvaccinated bunny home around your toher buns. if hes vaccs that is fine( i thought because stitch had been vaccs before even tho they were due that would be fine) but then i read his eye could be result of ec.. so all mine are now being pannacured(all beign 2+stitch) generally i dont adopt a rabbit from pah and only did so as thought he needed a special home due to his disability. i am only highlighting the costs. iv taken stitch with intention of rehoming him ...but if you have room to keep them i dont see why you shouldnt take them on if you have the time space and money to.

edite: if the male is 5yrs and castrated the chances are he was loved at some point and may hav had vaccs before you could always pay for vaccs to be done there by thier vet.(you pay) and take home after they were vaccinated? its your choice the problem comes when the next adoptees come in tho. as can you save them all? if you can save these two id say go for it.. but think carefully about costs and risks .x

You could offer to adopt them from P@H, that way the money you give them would go into their charity rather than be taken as porifits.

It's up to you really whether you can afford to take them on or not.

Back