• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Awful Day

minimack

Mama Doe
I have had a terrible morning. My little princess Jasmine was a poorly bunny when she was a tiny baby i spent nights with her giving her tummy rubs and liquid feeds and when she was a bit sronger she repaid me with lots ad lots of bunny kisses. In fact at 4am this morning she decided it was cuddle time and laid on the sofa with my oh licking him. All was fine this morning untill i went to the loo and my oh was making my sons sarnies for school. She somehow escaped from her crate and my oh found her on the sofa on my sisters puppies paws dead. I checked her all over and could find no wounds so can only assume she died of fright. I will never forgive myself for going to the loo when i did and my oh feels the same. We are so gutted i cant even begin to describe how i feel.

Im so sorry Jasmine and i love you xx xx

Awwww Michelle I am so sorry, but you mustn't blame yourself. Sending you a great big hug and you know where I am:(

I'm so so sorry.

This was a tragic event, and it's perfectly natural that you would blame yourself, however, that does not mean it's your fault. Feeling guilty is part of grief, so that is why it is natural, but hopefully with time, you can see that you didn't do anything wrong.

You gave that little girl a lovely life, and it sounds like she truly knew she was loved. I know that won't help ease the pain right now, but maybe in time it will offer some comfort.

Binky Free Jasime.

so sorry michelle :cry: please dont blame yourself you are a wonderfull and careing bunny mummy. sending lots of hugs to you. xx

Thanks everyone in tears now reading your replies i just cnt believe it still. I cant even empty the crate of her litter tray. I obviously have not been angry with the puppy. Just hate the fact that i wasnt there

Allow yourself some time. You don't have to do anything right now, like empty litter trays, but obviously, if you want to, that's ok too.

This is all very fresh for you. It's ok to cry and be sad.

And we will help you through this as best we can, if you want us to.

Allow yourself some time. You don't have to do anything right now, like empty litter trays, but obviously, if you want to, that's ok too.

This is all very fresh for you. It's ok to cry and be sad.

And we will help you through this as best we can, if you want us to.

I know her stuff is all still as it was . There are some good and lovely people on this forum that really help xx xx

Im so sorry, please dont blame yourselves these things sadly happen.She knew she was loved, take care.xxx Binky Free Little One.x

Back