• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A Stressful Bunny Morning...

LaraJay

Warren Scout
Woke up this morning to find little Crunch a bit under the weather. Lara popped into the shed to give them their morning veg and pellets and only Fredit came over. Crunch just layed on the shelf which is completely out of character; she usually stuffs her face in the bowl and eats like she hasn't ever been fed before. She wouldn't touch anything, and was shuffling aroung looking very uncomfortable. I listened at to her tummy and there were no noises at all. So i spent a while massaging her tummy and tried to keep her moving as much as possible. Sometimes she just kind of layed there while I pushed her along, again very unlike her. When she did move, it was as if she was having trouble with her back legs.

I got her to the vets as soon as they opened and he agreed her gut didn't seem to at all mobile, though there wasn't much bloat so we probably caught it quickly. She's had an gut stimulant injection and we've got a couple of things to give her for the next few days. She's eating a fair bit of hay now and running around so things look promising.

I thought i'd take Fredit with us to keep her company and have his teeth looked at while were there. He didn't take kindly to being handled and gave the vet a pretty nasty looking scratch on the face :shock:.

All in all, a bit of a stressful one, but at least she seems fine. :)

Back