• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Won't stop HUMPING!

breezyb20

New Kit
I've had my female rabbit now for over a year..she was spayed 7 months ago..I just adopted a male rabbit who is known to be neutered. I just paired them up today and he will NOT stop humping her. Is this normal? Will it stop? Any advice on it will be nice!

Thank you!

Yes, it's normal when introducing rabbits are will settle down over the next few days. Rabbit use it as part of forming the heirachy.

Do double check he is neutered though just to make sure. It should be faily obvious if not as he'll have visible testicles if you look underneath by the base of his tail.

Yup, as Tamsin said, it's to do with dominance and he is wanting to be dominant over her.

It might also be worth checking his 'bits' are all formed properly. I came across a guy recently who the RSPCA said was neutered but when I did a home visit he was actually pretty deformed around his genitals and on inspection from a vet had two undescended testicles.

Chances are he is neutered and it won't be that complicated, but always worth looking at.

UPDATE: We checked to see if he was still intact and he is. Unless they dont take the balls completely off. He had 2 and a red rocket it also. So we are really ****** off at the humane society for lying to us. Now we know to check for that sort of thing if we were ever to adopt again

They do leave them there (they scoop out the contents) but they shrivel and are mostly unnoticable. If they are full and round and plump then he is very much intact.

It may not be they lied (although they may have) it might be that they made a mistake or are just plain ignorant.

Well done for noticing!

I have replied to your PM :)

002.jpg

Here is a picture it is hard to see but to a trained eye u might know

Back