• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Harry, Zeke and Aubery

sillyrabbit

Wise Old Thumper
Sorry I know I have just posted pics of Harry the other day, its just he had two bites of his dinner all by himself so I look like this right now :D and I got some pictures of the three of them

DSC00736.jpg

DSC00739.jpg

DSC00740.jpg

Go away mum!

DSC00743.jpg

And what he thinks of his dinner

DSC00746.jpg

DSC00748.jpg

And he had no interest in playing

DSC00753.jpg

He has settled down to sleep now but did move about the cage a bit so im very pleased. Dont mind how empty the cage is, their hammocks are in the washing machine at the moment

And the other two are downstairs leaving Harry alone to maybe eat some more, if he doesnt I will spoon feed the rest in a bit

Aubery

DSC00767.jpg

Zeke

DSC00769.jpg

DSC00784.jpg

DSC00802.jpg

And going to sleep after playing for about 10 minutes

DSC00817.jpg

I know the pair of them are too big, im just finding it very difficult to get Harry's weight up and keep theirs down :? :( I want Harry to have access to food he will eat while im not here and they are helping themselves

Don't worry about the weights.....I have 3 girls together.....1 is a runt and always will be, 1 is normal weight and the other is a greedy porker!!

I put a bowl in with eggs or chicken or fruit and veg etc and the greedy one grabs it and drags it off for first eats....Maggie is a greedy so and so ;) x

Your guys are gorgeous :) xx

:love: Thanks hun

I dont know if he is a mink :oops:

They were all the same size up until Harry became ill and started losing weight :( Obviously I have been putting food in to try and fatten him up a bit and the other two are eating it and also putting on weight but Harry is struggling to get the weight back on. Im not too concerned really and I would rather the two of them are a bit overweight than underweight at their age, my main priority at the moment is keeping Harry from getting any thinner. Im feeding him things like complan and weight gain meals away from the other two but still keeping treats in the cage so there is something there for Harry if he wants it while im at work :)

:love: Thanks hun

I dont know if he is a mink :oops:

They were all the same size up until Harry became ill and started losing weight :( Obviously I have been putting food in to try and fatten him up a bit and the other two are eating it and also putting on weight but Harry is struggling to get the weight back on. Im not too concerned really and I would rather the two of them are a bit overweight than underweight at their age, my main priority at the moment is keeping Harry from getting any thinner. Im feeding him things like complan and weight gain meals away from the other two but still keeping treats in the cage so there is something there for Harry if he wants it while im at work :)

Does Aubreys colour change from time to time from light to dark?

Try some nourish-ums paste or nutrical for Harry as well...Very high in calorific value and nutrients and ratties tend to love it. He'll only need a small quantity on a daily basis :) xx

No he doesnt really change colour

Here is a pic of him in natural light :lol: He is the big one :D

DSC04061.jpg

Thanks hun, have been giving him nourish-um and my nurtical arrived today :) Ive been having to spoon feed him for a little while now :(

He is having warm porridge each morning made with soya milk with either coconut milk or honey mixed in and complan and nourish-um up til today. My mum is doing him cooked brown rice at lunch times with meat, egg or fish but this meal is being put straight into the cage and she is making sure he eats a spoonful before she leaves because she doesnt have long enough on her lunch to remove the other two and spoon feed him the lot. In the evenings im following recipies on the rat forum for weight gain and alternating them so he is getting something different every few days, he had baby food tonight and ive just put him in a tiny piece of a rusk soaked in apple juice and water in the cage before the other lads go back in. He has stopped eating dry food all together now :(

No he doesnt really change colour

Here is a pic of him in natural light :lol: He is the big one :D

DSC04061.jpg

Thanks hun, have been giving him nourish-um and my nurtical arrived today :) Ive been having to spoon feed him for a little while now :(

He is having warm porridge each morning made with soya milk with either coconut milk or honey mixed in and complan and nourish-um up til today. My mum is doing him cooked brown rice at lunch times with meat, egg or fish but this meal is being put straight into the cage and she is making sure he eats a spoonful before she leaves because she doesnt have long enough on her lunch to remove the other two and spoon feed him the lot. In the evenings im following recipies on the rat forum for weight gain and alternating them so he is getting something different every few days, he had baby food tonight and ive just put him in a tiny piece of a rusk soaked in apple juice and water in the cage before the other lads go back in. He has stopped eating dry food all together now :(

Awww....bless him ....and how is his weight doing? xxx

aww sems gorgeous i had a hasmter porij who had to be spoon fed baby food... he was gorgeous.. he didnt have any teeth amoungst his other health probs but was a sweetie!

your rats all loook so gorgeous xxx

Awww....bless him ....and how is his weight doing? xxx

Aubery’s weight is ok, he is just a bit chubby!! He isn’t as big as Zeke though. Its only Harry’s weight that I worry about right now, all three of them have resp problems and Harry is just so thin and has no interest in food at all anymore, at least before he would come over to take a look and see if he was getting anything interesting

Back