• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

At my wits end! UD - We have wee!!!!!

I am nearly in tears now Gregory is being such a pain. he is weeing everywhere - since I got home from work at 6 I have had to wipe up 4 different wees, none of which are in his tray.

He was neutered on Thursday and has been rubbish at being litter trained since. My house stinks and I am constantly covered in wee.

I have tried people's suggestions from my other thread - putting wee soaked paper in his tray and he is now shut in his cage which he hates becuase I'm so fed up and he's trying desperately to get out.

To cap it all he has stopped eating hay (he had a dental while under GA and had spurs on his molars so these were cut back I think - they were causing tongue ulcers) - he will eat anything but hay. SHould I give him more pellets/veg cos of the none eating of hay? he will eat those, spring greens, boredom breakers herbal garden and coneflower, and pretty much anything except the damn expensive hay!

I think maybe I just need to be patient? I'm sorry for ranting a bit I'm just so fed up - he's never been so much trouble! :cry::cry:

Last edited:
Would that happen at the exact same time as the neuter though? It seems a little strange. I spent £314 about 4 weeks ago trying to get to the bottom of why he was drinking/weeing so much - but there was no apparent cause after loads of tests. Even with all that, he only ever went in his tray - I was changing it twice a day - I don't mind that so much!

Hope Vinnie is better soon x

I wouldn't worry too much about the hay for about a week. My dental bunnies took about a week to get back to the harder food after having molar spurs burred. The vets told me they would be able to eat straight away but they don't seem to want hay when they have tender areas in their mouth. I always knew Bungee was "back to normal" when she would eat a Russel Rabbit treat (hard biscuity thing), normally her favourite treat.

As for the bladder infection suggestion, I'm guessing any kind of tolerance/ immune response will be down a little after neuter/dental so maybe he is just 'under the weather' from it all? It sounds possible.

Sending litter tray using vibes to the little fella.

Thank you both. The tears are creeping away again!

Hope you're right Bunny Buddy, about the molar thing - he will eat absolutely anything else though! Including his SS pellets and Alfalfa chips - they don't use the back of the mouth for that though do they? So could be that!

Aww Carol (((Hugs))) Poor Gregory is playing you up isnt he!! Naughtyyy Gregory , no more weeing on Mummys floor :no::no:

Maybe hes still a bit sore after the op? When does he go back for his post op check?? You could explain to the vet nurse and see what she says. I hope he gets back into the swing of things soon. Think hes swapped with Ronnie, Ronnie never used the litter tray before the neuter and now hes using it fully :shock: :roll: Theyve swapped rolls :oops:

Litter tray vibes from Ronnie to Gregory!! xXx

Hopefully once is hormones have calmed down he will behave himself its worth mentioning it to the vet though;)

Has he been tested for E Cuniculi at all? It came out as an active case when my bunnies were spayed...

AWw sorry to hear that Gregory is not his usual self, they are a worry arent they.Hopefully if he has to go back for his post op they will check him out, sending vibes for the handsome Gregory.:D

Thank you all - I don't know why I'm so stressed out by him at the mo! Going to go to bed and hope I feel better about it tomorrow. I'm callingthe vet tomorrow anyway so will mention it then - I always feel so silly though, even though they are lovely!

Fortunatel he has calmed down in his cage now and is munching on some spring greens so I feel less bad about shutting him in. I just can't face another morning of having to clean up wee from all over my living room at
6am!

Has he been tested for E Cuniculi at all? It came out as an active case when my bunnies were spayed...

Yeah he was a couple of weeks ago - that really was what we thought was causing the excessive drinking/weeing but all negative! Also no calcification of organs, no problems with liver/kidneys, no problems with blood glucose levels, no signs of any form of diabetes!

HE had 11 days of panacur while we waited for the results just in case.

I would buy a couple more litter trays and just pop them where he is peeing, better to pee in a tray than on the floor. Or pen off an area with a portable pen, with his dog crate in it, so that he doesn't have free range of a whole room until his litter training improves My girls will still pebble the room at night, but do pee in their trays. I just sweep up the pebbles. Sometimes you will get some rabbits that will not totally litter tray and for no reason. I preferred to keep mine in my kitchen as it was more manageable.

If he pees on carpet, unless you totally remove the smell he will keep going back there.

Hes only just recovering from his neutering and from being poorly, so hopefully things will get back to normal soon.

Thank you all for your help - I've moved his tray to where he's been weeing most in the cage so we'll see if taht works - can't believe I didn't try that first!

He's done a bit better today - not as much wee and he hasn't been sitting in it so his paws are dry thank goodness. Feeling more optimistic now.

After moving his tray to a different position in the cage, we now have a wee in there!!!!!!! Never been so happy to see wee in all my life!!!

After moving his tray to a different position in the cage, we now have a wee in there!!!!!!! Never been so happy to see wee in all my life!!!

Yaaayyyyyyyy :lol::lol:

Elwood wees everywhere, we've just accepted it as part of being elwood. One of his favorite places are the cat beds but if he's really lucky he wees on an actual cat, he always seems really pleased when he manages to do that :lol::lol:

Back