• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ive resigned to the fact that...

Indiechic

Wise Old Thumper
Bailey must be eating his normal poo, evertime i think hes not done one for a while he comes up chewing from his downbelows.

anyone know why this might be?

and also how i can stop it?

is this harmful?

Sounds like he's eating the right poos! :D

Can't remember how to spell the name, but he's eating them, and it's goood! :thumb:

They do eat them from their bum

Sounds like he's eating the right poos! :D

Can't remember how to spell the name, but he's eating them, and it's goood! :thumb:

They do eat them from their bum

no i mean his feacal poos not his ceacals.

i have been thinking hes not pooing but hes eating them. or most of them. ive just watched him.

Bella and Tarquin both occasionally go through spells of eating their "normal" poos. I got worried at one point that there seemed to be so few poos, and it was weird that they were doing it at the same time, so all I can think is that at that time something was missing from their diet (though goodness knows what as they get the same food pretty much all the time). T seems to quite regularly eat his normal poos and I've stopped worrying about it because I know he's eating and drinking well and is very active, so I would only start worrying if he stopped doing the normal things. Maybe Bailey is doing the same?

Bella and Tarquin both occasionally go through spells of eating their "normal" poos. I got worried at one point that there seemed to be so few poos, and it was weird that they were doing it at the same time, so all I can think is that at that time something was missing from their diet (though goodness knows what as they get the same food pretty much all the time). T seems to quite regularly eat his normal poos and I've stopped worrying about it because I know he's eating and drinking well and is very active, so I would only start worrying if he stopped doing the normal things. Maybe Bailey is doing the same?

yeah i agree. his water intake has lowered but i think thats cus its colder maybe.

yeah i agree. his water intake has lowered but i think thats cus its colder maybe.

I think mine are drinking less water at the moment anyway (though I got up this morning and realised that the water bowls I'd washed and filled back up were still sitting next to the kitchen sink, so they had no water all night - T came into the bedroom and went straight to the water bowl - I felt really awful :shock:).

It's much easier when Bell does it because she always leaves evidence, so I find crumbled up remains, whereas T just eats the whole lot. I got so obsessed one time that I was counting up the poos every day :oops: until one evening when he sat with me for ages and he ate the whole lot as they were coming out. Weird bunnies :lol: :lol:

I think mine are drinking less water at the moment anyway (though I got up this morning and realised that the water bowls I'd washed and filled back up were still sitting next to the kitchen sink, so they had no water all night - T came into the bedroom and went straight to the water bowl - I felt really awful :shock:).

It's much easier when Bell does it because she always leaves evidence, so I find crumbled up remains, whereas T just eats the whole lot. I got so obsessed one time that I was counting up the poos every day :oops: until one evening when he sat with me for ages and he ate the whole lot as they were coming out. Weird bunnies :lol: :lol:

thats the thing, hes not leaving many, he does leave a couple, but every so often he goes down below and comes up chewing like 5 times.

hmm.

Hes doing myhead in lol.

that would explain why he was still crazy hyper and eating but not full off poop or out!! hes currently making a mess on my rug... my £200 rug :oops:

I was going to say at least he's cleaning up after himself, but it appears not :roll: Is he doing what Bell does and eats part of them and then leaves a crumbly mess? Not like T who eats the whole thing :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I was going to say at least he's cleaning up after himself, but it appears not :roll: Is he doing what Bell does and eats part of them and then leaves a crumbly mess? Not like T who eats the whole thing :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

no hes eating the whole thing... no hes making a mess with the hay bucket...

naughty boy

Ahhh :lol: :lol: :lol:

My little beauties have spread hay all over the bedroom carpet since they came home from their holidays on Saturday. Not quite up to hoovering yet so it's going to have to stay like that a while.

Ahhh :lol: :lol: :lol:

My little beauties have spread hay all over the bedroom carpet since they came home from their holidays on Saturday. Not quite up to hoovering yet so it's going to have to stay like that a while.

well, when we had the engineer this morning, he was sayin how he had rabbits that he kept in a shed with a run attached and he fell in love with Bailey.

i was like, sorry about the mess. :lol:

i would show a pic but im embarassed x

well, when we had the engineer this morning, he was sayin how he had rabbits that he kept in a shed with a run attached and he fell in love with Bailey.

Bet it's nowhere near as bad as mine :lol: :lol: :lol: My bedroom at the moment looks like a big massive hutch with hay all over :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol:

aww hes cleaning up for you :lol: some of my buns do this too not all the time but go through spells

PICCY PICCY

Go on we all in the same boat at some time or another, everyday for us with Bunnie as she likes to jump out her litter tray and leave a trail of megazorb and hay across the carpet:roll:

Back