• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Breed/colour? **pic heavy**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vegan_Bunny

Warren Veteran
Hi i got a bunny today :) He has no name yet but i'm quite liking the name Fiver from watership down :)

Anyway i thought someone could tell me what type he is. I don't know much about breeds or house rabbits so i'm learning as i go along. hopefully soon i'll know everything! :)

Here's some photo's of my lovely bun.

S7302960.jpg

S7302962.jpg

S7302963.jpg

S7302965.jpg

S7302966.jpg

He hasn't quite grown into his ears yet haha :lol: He's only a baby! :D

No idea about the breed, could be mix of several for all we know...where's he from?
But the color appears to be Japanese harlequin, though not a very "good" marking, meaning he'd probably be disqualified at a show.
Also the white speck on the nose might mean he carries Blue-eyed white.

Yep, I'd say dutch, harlequin and some form of lop (mini/dwarf) just for starters :lol:

haha yes he was got at a pet shop.. I know i shouldn't buy from pet shops but i wanted a baby so he's be easier to train and also i know that he'd have a briliant home here.. if i didn't get him he might hae been bought by some snot nosed kid who's keep him out in a tiny hutch his whole life :(

I don't plan to show him so there's no worries haha. He's skipping about all over the place! haha. I'm going to get him some veggies.. i need to keep away from giving him too much lettuce, i heard it can cause a runny bum?

haha yes he was got at a pet shop.. I know i shouldn't buy from pet shops but i wanted a baby so he's be easier to train and also i know that he'd have a briliant home here.. if i didn't get him he might hae been bought by some snot nosed kid who's keep him out in a tiny hutch his whole life :(

I don't plan to show him so there's no worries haha. He's skipping about all over the place! haha. I'm going to get him some veggies.. i need to keep away from giving him too much lettuce, i heard it can cause a runny bum?

His diet should be 80-90% hay, with a good quality nugget/pellet food and fresh fruit and veg. He can have Romain lettuce but not kos or iceberg. Have a look at the threads on welfare and diet etc and pick up some top tips.

He is lovely :)

His diet should be 80-90% hay, with a good quality nugget/pellet food and fresh fruit and veg. He can have Romain lettuce but not kos or iceberg. Have a look at the threads on welfare and diet etc and pick up some top tips.

He is lovely :)

thankyou :) he is lovely. Ooo i'll look out for that lettuce. he's on cheap food atm coz that was what he was on when we got him. The shop owner said to wean him off it. So we baught the food he was already on and am going to get rabbit excel.

He s amazed at the space bless him. He keeps sprinting all of a sudden and then jumping right in the air hahaha

id say hes got a bit of dutch in him from the prominant strip across his back hes a cutie

yes rescues have baby buns in all the time from unwanted litters sadly :( i would suggest that once he is neutered and fully vaccinated and pannacured that you go to your local rescue and get him a wifey bun he can go on speed dates to choose her and they will help with the bonding process which can be very daunting to new owners. he looks loverly... and just to let you know idont think any of us will ever know everything about rabbits.. iv had buns for over 10 years now and i am STILL learning i hope to think im getting better every day tho xx

haha! his ears are huge! he can;t control them. bless. Wow getting him a wifey is a brilliant idea.When's the best time to get him neutered? i was gunna ring around some vets and get some quotes and what vaccinations should i give him? i didn't vaccinate my other bun but tbh i only recently found out there was vaccinations for them.

haha! his ears are huge! he can;t control them. bless. Wow getting him a wifey is a brilliant idea.When's the best time to get him neutered? i was gunna ring around some vets and get some quotes and what vaccinations should i give him? i didn't vaccinate my other bun but tbh i only recently found out there was vaccinations for them.

You can get him neutered as soon as you can see his 'bits'. Rabbits need a vaccine against Myxi and VHD and should be given 2 weeks apart and at least every year.

aww what a cutie:love:

okie dokie :) got a nice cheap quote for him to get neutered so i'll wait a little while and save up to get him done :) probably get the first vaccinations done while he's there too. and then go back in 2 weeks to get the other and they can check on him :)

I bought him a toy carrot today lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back