• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How high can can they jump?

So ive not get a super jumper lol. Would 5 ft be ok?

Just when Dreama is out she has bathroom and half the landing as when you come out =bathroom the landing is like a huge aclove before you get to walk way part. I had a foot barracade across it thinking that was safe, so far it has been. I was just cleaning out litter tray and one of my dogs kept barking at me and circling to landing, I was telling him to pack it up when I turned round to see madam drema had jumped the pen side/wood and decied to go walk about :roll: The dog was trying to tell me she had escaped and I wasnt listening. Going to have get a higher peice of wood and make a gate/opening to it as I struggle getting over the 4foot peice :lol:

Bunnies are a bit weird, Scamp will easily jump from floor to kitchen worktop but doesn't jump over the stair gate which is about 6" lower. Well at least he hasn't yet, I'm sure it's only a matter of time.

Is it stairgate sized? I think they door a dog stair gate that's taller than a baby one and has a gate for people to go through. Or I guess you could stack one gate on top of the other if necessary!

The gap is to wide, as its a alcove it is about 4 foot wide or a dog gate would be perfect.

I didnt realise rabbits could actualy jump that high!

I suppose i could try having a go at making a basic frame and chicken wiring it. Use hooks to attatch to alcove frame so can open it like a door? Im useless at DIY though :oops::lol:

Most of mine can jump over 4 ft (they are nethies), and I even have two that can climb and have climbed up the run sides to the top (thankfully they all have lids). Just to add something else into the mix too.

They tend to jump higher if it is 'onto' something like a hutch/worktop/etc, rather than 'over' a barrier...although be warned that some buns can climb up mesh puppy pens :shock:

I've got a 4ft high puppy pen for Neville, but it's really heavy, so I probably would've been better with a 3ft one

you are usually safe with a 4 ft pen but it depends on size of bunn and if they are a jumper or not....iv had buns easily clear 3 ft.. in fact arthurs binkys are thaat heigh(he does scare me!!!)

We've always been ok with 4ft -but 5ft is better to be on the safe side. Take care what you put near the fence in terms of what they can use as a sort of trampette and also if they get a good run down a slope etc.-Sue:wave:

Back