• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

new to forum, new rabbit.

Vegan_Bunny

Warren Veteran
hi all:wave:

we just collected our 9 week bunny.

this is the first time either me or my partner has had a house bunny. so we're going to have a bash at litter training and all!

hes currently nameless.

any tips on house bunnies would be good!

Hey,

Welcome to the forum :)

You are in for a challenge, especially when hormones kick in.

My advice is to rabbit proof everything (wires, anything chewable, plants, food, anything potentially hazardous, anything you don't want a rabbit to get to).

Also, do you have a base for the rabbit? Like a hutch or something that is completely his/hers?

Hopefully your bun will give you loads of joy,

Take care

Tracy

Hey,

Welcome to the forum :)

You are in for a challenge, especially when hormones kick in.

My advice is to rabbit proof everything (wires, anything chewable, plants, food, anything potentially hazardous, anything you don't want a rabbit to get to).

Also, do you have a base for the rabbit? Like a hutch or something that is completely his/hers?

Hopefully your bun will give you loads of joy,

Take care

Tracy

Yes he has a one level cage. He won't be in it alot though :) I will make him some hamocks and stuff to lay on. He's already getting into everything and is settling down alot! He was so scared when we got him but he's come out of his shell now. :)

My first tip would be to get to Poundland and buy about 10 boxes of cable tidy and rolls and rolls of insulating tape to cover every little piece of electric cable and also make sure every corner of wallpaper is stuck down with Superglue and if it can be chewed/ripped up MOVE IT!!

Lola keeps me on my toes!! Good Luck x x x

Hello and welcome to the forum. :wave: Make sure you cover all visable wires as they love to chew. Good luck with the litter training if you put some fresh hay in the litter tray it should help and put some of the bumbles in there to encourage him to use it.

Hiya, I've got a house bun too called Bella soon to be joined by new boyfriend Harvey - both dwarf lops.

Tip for litter training: put lots of hay on top of something like carefresh so they can have a snack whilst on the toilet. Also they might pick their own corner that they prefer to go so if they do that just place the tray there instead and hopefully they'll get the idea!

haha yes my other bun was a lop :) he was an outdoor bunny but loved coming inside and flaking infront of the fire ;) unofortunately he died recently from fly strike :cry: i feel so guilty.

My new bun is now hopping about the room and skipping about. He's obviously so happy :) i'm so glad i have him. I deffinately will go and get some of those cable tidies lol :) I used to have to keep my eye on my other bun when he was inside since he enjoyed throwing cables lmao.

whats bumbles? his poo?

Back