• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

What is THE most absorbent bunny safe litter?

JadedRed

Young Bun
I have always used paper litter as it seemed pretty safe, lightweight and cheap. However Arthur is such a big rabbit it doesn't seem absorbent enough. I'm off to get a bigger litter tray but can anyone reccomend a really absorbent, rabbit safe litter?

This is the chubby pee machine.
n1471731245_30026825_9201.jpg

I use non clumping, non scented wood pellet litter. I buy mine from Pets At Home, it's the own brand, and says safe for rabbits on it. I've been using it with 14-16 buns for about 18 months with no problems at all (I do put a load of hay on top so its not actually visible to them, and they sit in the tray, doing their thing and stuffing their faces). It copes very well with all that my quad produce. Goes pretty quick though, must be honest.

I use megazorb, it is paper/wood pulp based but it's designed for horses so really absorbant.

I use carefresh and its the best thing I've found in ages. Really helps the smell as well. I've heard megazorb is better though but I haven't tried it.

I use pettex paper cat litter (not the hard pellet kind) my cats love it aswell as its very soft on the feet and it really soaks up the pee.

Its about £9.99 for a sack.

Back