• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How much to donate to rescue for bonding?

Bunny Buddy

Wise Old Thumper
The dilemma is, I've just booked two bunnies in to a rescue for bonding (at the rescue where I got one of the bunnies). I know it's appropriate to give a donation for the bonding but I don't know what a reasonable amount would be.

From what I know about bonding I realise there could be quite a bit of time involved, including unsociable hours.

I'm kind of working on the idea of £50 - £60 - does that sound about right? Much as I'd really like to give more I'm fairly skint but want to give what I think to be fair (then maybe give another donation when I've more funds!)

What does anybody think? I'd be particularly interested to hear from the side of the rescuers/helpers who do the bonding.

Thanks in anticipation

Im sure they would be delighted with £50.00, between £25 - 50 seems about right. Good luck with the bonding.

that sounds loverly amount to give... most rescues would expect around 20-40 pounds i think(tho could be wrong) so if you gave £50-£60 well 60 would pay for 4 vaccinations(or 2 buns to have both vhd and myxi vaccs... thiink how good that is!

Thanks for the replies.

I think £60 sounds a bargain for what it will mean for my bunnies, should they decided to bond that is :lol::lol:

If not, I think it's worth it to me for the knowing somebody experienced tried it and it wasn't down to me messing it up!

If you were bording your rabbits at a rabbit hotel it would be about £5 - £10 a night....perhaps double that for "danger & unsocial hours" to say £10 - £20 a day. I think that most rescues would be very happy £50 :)

Ditto :shock: In fact I think I'd fall over backwards if someone offered me that!! :lol:

Thing is, you see, I'm seeing it as at least a day's intense, highly skilled work. Followed by another day or twos skillful 'making sure'. When you put it like that then £60 doesn't sound very much at all.

When you put it in the context of keeping Tinkerbell out of mischief for that length of time .... it's a pittance :lol::lol::lol:

Thanks for replies everyone, I'm reassured that my donation will be considered 'acceptable' ;)

I donated £60 for Moo & Liquorice's bonding. I was going to donate £100, but as I had £60 boarding as well I couldn't afford it.
I also gave a box of chocolates & some flowers because I thought they deserved something for themselves for all the hard work.

Back