• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Kermit rolling a bit more than usual - advice?

Kermit

Wise Old Thumper
Dunno if anyone can help, Kermit, as you all probably have read has head tilt from EC, anyways, he does still roll about 5 times a day, when he gets excited or needs a pee.

Well today he seems to be rolling a bit more than usual, i had noticed recently that he had quite a bit of wax in his ears and i had asked the vets to check when he was getting his mxyi vac. She said it looked ok, a bit waxy, but still ok.....last night it seemed quite waxy to me and i put ear drops in and managed to get some of the harder wax out with a cotton bud. Do you think that this wax build up may be causing the additional rolling? I have booked kermit into the vets for thursday night to get it checked out again, but any advice prior to this would be great.

when was his last course of pannacur? i think they have ot be done regualrly.tho im no expert on it... wonder if he is due his next one? iv only really started learning about ec and pannacur recently so sorry if i m wrong.

Last edited:
he got the head tilt on 29th April....he had a 6 week course of panacur from then onwards.

So i dont think he should be due until end november for it.

Not sure about the wax, so can't advise, but what I will say is that my 2 bunnies (now only one) have needed lots of courses of Panacur, and have rarely managed to go 6 months without. Given that the course was in April, it could be time already for the next.

Thanks, think ill get some from the vets on thursday then....or do you think i should get it sooner than that?

Thanks, think ill get some from the vets on thursday then....or do you think i should get it sooner than that?

Well, if you ordered it online you wouldn't get it much before that (although it would be cheaper than the vet), but you could always get some from Pets at Home if your local branch sells it. You might want to chat it through with the vet first anyway though.

thanks again,
shall have a word with the vets and probably panacur him starting when i get back from there.....
im presuming that giving him it only after 4 months wont have any ill effects!

Back