• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Berkshire Rescues

Twiggy

Warren Scout
Well i'm fed up with spending my days off in bed, i don't get out of the house these days and just seem to sleep all afternoon, i'm fed up and seem to be wasting my life and would love to meet new friends, i've been thinking of helping at a rabbit rescue and was wondering if anyone has any advice, i've heard about Diana Brimblecombes and was intrested if anyone has done any work there before?

Yeh, that's where my Maisie came from, but i've heard she's not doing so much these days, i don't know if she's doing the Sunday thing any more, anyone know what's going on with Greenfields these days?

Lorna's having a break from rescuing at the moment. Im sure that Diana Brimblecombe would value some help. Nix is connected with the RSPCA in Berkshire, but Im not sure if they have a branch or whether the bunnies are with fosterers. Would be worth sending her a pm.

Lorna's having a break from rescuing at the moment. Im sure that Diana Brimblecombe would value some help. Nix is connected with the RSPCA in Berkshire, but Im not sure if they have a branch or whether the bunnies are with fosterers. Would be worth sending her a pm.

rspca this way has all its buns in foster care from what i gather when i was looking for a bunfriend for dora.at least that is what i was told at teh time... but i think hte reading branch hasa rabbit part?

It's a branch based at a private home near Caversham:D

Reading Rabbits are part of the Reading with Oxon Borders Branch of the RSPCA they are not an independent branch ;) All our animals are kept in private foster homes. We do not have a centre.

Twiggy, why don't you contact them and see if they need help, I'm sure they can put you to some use :) Every time I speak to them they're full up.

I can use some help at the Piggie PM if you can put up with Piggy People :) And howabout asking the local Reading RSPCA Branch what help they need, bet they'll find you something :lol:

Not sure i'd be any good with piggies but am willing to give anything ago once, i'm hoping to go to your thing on the 8th November and mentioned it to the hay expert who has already got me a job helping her with boxes on the day, if you want pm me details and maybe i'll pop along to see you sometime.

I have people helping with piggies but the raffle/refreshments etc can always do with help. Not what everyone wants to do so usually this is the most useful job!
Sandra normally pops in so you won't be on your own ;)
Will PM you later :)

Um! No! Sorry, just finished work after a 3.30am start which wasn't helped by driving in thick fog at 90mph, don't worry i was driving a train not a car, i'm off tomorrow so i'll be heading that way in the afternoon, as for now i'm off to bed for a while.;)

Back