• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Found a lump on dylan :-(

Dylans_Mam

Warren Scout
I have just found a lump on Dylans back, its a bit larger than a pea:censored:. I am going to take him to see the vet asap but should i be worried, are rabbits prone to fatty lumps?

The vets have to get a decent amount of skin to put the injection into so sometimes the injection site is not where we think it would be, it might be further down, lop sided, anything.

If that's not a possibility, then it could be anything really, and getting it checked over would be a good thing. Sometimes they can be nothing though, so try not to worry :)

I have got all my fingers and toes crossed, i have just spoke to a vet and he advised me to keep an eye on it over the next few days to see if it is that. Thank you :)

The lump on Dylan just about doubled in size yesterday :(, so my poor baby has to go and see the vet today. He has never been before, i hope he doesn't get to stressed out. Fingers crossed for good news and i am worrying myself about nothing.

You're doing the right thing :)

If you stay calm at the vets and on the journey, then it should hopefully help him stay calm because he will pick up on how you feel. I found talking to mine calmly helps (I just tell them whats going on in the car, and then in the vet surgery just talk to them like you would talk to a child at a doctors surgery-I bet my vet thinks I'm a loon) because they know my voice so they feel safer and also they pick up on the calmness too. We never have any problems with them being nervous or not behaving, so it is definitely something that works for me/us.

Please let us know how he gets on.

Took Dylan to see the Vet

Hi, I took Dylan to the vets yesterday afternoon to get the lump on his back checked out. It was his first adventure since i brought him home a month ago, he was a very brave little bunny, he doesn't seem to be scared of anything. He was lovely with the vet and she managed to get a good luck at his lump. The vet said she thinks it is just a reaction to the mixy injection he had about 10 days ago as the lump is quite hard, she has put him on a course of antibiotics for a week to be on the safe side. I have to keep an eye on it and if it is still there in a week i need to take him back to be looked at again. If it is an abscess or something along those lines she told me it is in a good place. I really hope it goes this week.

Back