• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Getting my bun spayed

loucane85

New Kit
Hi All, I am getting my bunny Lola spayed on Friday, I'm confident that all will go well but would def appreciate any advice/tips on her aftercare and keeping her a comfortable as possible after her op.

Thanks, :D

Giver her something soft that she can lie on but something that isn't going to get dust in the wound. Some old towels are good for this. Make sure you have some of her favourite food, get some liquid food just incase you have to saringe feed her. If possible make her recovery area somewhere quite and out of the way

Hope all goes well :)

keep her warm as the general anaesthetic will lower her body temp for a while. is she a house rabbit? if not can you keep her inside for 24hrs or so?

also keep a really close eye on her to make sure she's eating + pooing normally and that she's not pulled at her stitches, and phone your vet if you have any conerns. best of luck, I'm sure she'll be fine :)

Yup she is a house rabbit, I've booked her in for the op on friday so we have all weekend to be around just in case. Our vet is open on a sat as well which is a bonus.

Do you think it would be best to keep her confind to her cage for friday evening/saturday? (I am picking her up friday afternoon after work).

Back