• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How far do you travel to the vets?

bluebunny

Wise Old Thumper
My normal vet is 5 mins up the road but the one im using tonight for vaccines is 45mins away am i cruel making the buns travel so far?

I go a savvy branch too, and they have various ones all over the town, but normally it's about half an hour away, but my closest one is about 15 mins. The nearest one to me killed three of my rabbits due to their ignorance, so I would far rather travel further and be satisfied than risk my buns lives.

the vets i go to for vacs and stuff is 2 mins away. :lol:
But they have a bigger branch 10/15 mins away where they do ops and stuff xx

I use a vet thats about 20mins away. As I live in London there is no parking near by so I have to use public transport, I always get spoken to when I have my bun with me, people become surprisingly friendly :)

I travel about 40 mins (half an hour on a good day). I think it's far better to travel to a vet that is bunny-savvy, although the journey can be stressful.

I travel about 40 mins (half an hour on a good day). I think it's far better to travel to a vet that is bunny-savvy, although the journey can be stressful.

Yeah I travel around 40 mins :roll: and then only two of the vets are any good. What vet do you use Sarah?

I literally live directly across the road from a vets, but they were the ones that told me to get my kermit PTS when he got EC, so now we travel to one in the next town.....he always gets nervous and doesnt like it, but its better than the other vets options!

My vets is a 2 minute walk away, it's great for daytime emergencies and means that when buns are kept in over night I can wave to them from the bedroom window before I go to bed :oops::oops:

It's also a reason why I have never moved house even though I want a bigger garden.:lol:

The out of hours vet is a 30 minute drive away

My vet is two mins up the road.When Barlie was poorly I took her to Langford which was an hours drive each way.I did want to see Francis Harcourt-Brown but she was a seven hour drive away and I didn't think It was fare on Barlie to be in the car for fourteen hours.

My vets is 45 mins away without traffic, I go there cus they are rabbit savy otherwise their is a vet 5 mins away from where I live. My rabbits don't mind the journey they all lie down and 1 always goes to sleep (but he is a lazy bun!) :)

It probably will be stressful for them but its better to see someone you are confident with. I'm moving soon and will probably have to travel 30mins to my usual vet but I wouldn't want to change vet.

I could go to the vets down at the bottom of my street but i prefer to go to one about 15 mins drive as i prefer the vets there, even though the surgerys are the same group!

The vets I go to is about 3 or 4 minutes drive away.

It's a worry as you never know how bunny savvy they are until your bun is really ill. I've worked out by asking a few general questions that there is one vet at the practice that I should avoid completely (for example she told me that I wouldn't need to get a female bun spayed as Alfie is already neutered - never mind the health benefits for the female bun) :roll: but the other two vets that I've seen there seem to know what they're doing.

My rabbit savy vet is 30 mins drive away and I always go to him, even for routine jabs. However, if I had a bunny who was bleeding to death, I'd probably rush to my dog vet who is only five minutes away. There are some situations where ANY vet (on your doorstep) is better than a rabbit savy vet who's half an hour or more away. However, I've (fortunately) yet to encounter a situation where I've decided that the half hour journey was too much.

Back