• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Please can I have some vibes for Basil? U/D post 95 - Doing fantastic

Samantha

Alpha Buck
My poor poor boy is at the vets. He suddenly became floppy and has been twisting his head around :cry::cry::cry: I'm so worried I love him so much. He's been treated for myxi, VHD and has recently had a 9 day course on panacur. Why oh why is he like this? I love him so much and I'm so scared I'm going to loose him. I'm waiting for the vet to call and see what they say :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Vet says it's an ear infection, he's also in shock so he's being treated for this and he'll stay in over night. They said he's looking a bit better already but they'll call if he gets worse. I still feel sick at how quickly he went downhill but feeling much better knowing he's perked up a bit now.

Rabbits do go quickly downhill.
Dont worry huni, hes in the best place.

Sending vibes for the gorgeous Basil.

xx

I'm so sure he'll be ok, you did absolutely the right thing by getting him in to the vets as soon as you could. Rabbits do go downhill very quickly as they hide illness as long as they can. Sending lots of get well vibes. x

Update

He's eating and moving about now but still tired. I can pick him up at 10 tomorrow if he continues like this. Such a relief I really thought I was going to loose him. I forgot to ask about the long term effects this might have on him, I really hope he makes a full recovery it was horrible seeing him like that :cry:

Next Update

He's not doing as well as the vet hoped he would, he's borderline still. The veterinary nurse has been syringe feeding him throughout the night and he's pooping but he's very weak on his legs. The vet says it's definetelty an inner ear infection and he's on antibiotics for this. He's allowed home tonight but the likelyhood is he'll be syringe fed still with supreme recovery. I've got entracare which I add to his water daily http://carrs.flexyshop.co.uk/index.asp?action=showproduct&id={F7EE474A-38F9-466D-A740-8BD13D997A45} and I've got some probiotic which I'll add when he's home http://www.24parrot.com/product.asp?pf_id=6402a&src=froogle. What else can I do? I'm worried sick about him :cry::cry::cry:

Has he had his bloods taken? It might be able to tell you if there is something else going on?

Has he had his bloods taken? It might be able to tell you if there is something else going on?

No the vet said there was no point as he can see the infection in his ear. If it'll help I'll give them a call and ask them to do them. I have to get him better, I love him, I can't loose him :cry::cry::cry:

Back