• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Vibes needed please for Squeak.

billysmom

Mama Doe
Hi its been ages since ive started a thread, but i really need your vibes.I got Squeak my little blue satin coat mouse around 2-3 months ago, fromm not a nice place:evil: and his brother Chip, who sadly died after a day.:cry: Anyway yesterday noticed Squeak looked uncomfortable and was trying to perch himself on top of his pear home.On inspecting him, i found a small lump which i think is a ulceration and a sore on his throat:cry:

I took Squeak straight to the vets, where a vet id never seen before listened to his chest, and tried to examine him.Shes gave him an anti-inflammatory injection and Baytril and a painkiller.Got to see how he copes over the next 3 days, Please send him all your vibes as i think hes going to need them:cry: Thankyou.Deb.:cry:

:wave: Thankyou for the vibes both, wel since getting home from the vets hes actually sleeping back in his home, got to give him 0.05ml of Baytril soo hard:roll: so as advised put it on a custard cream biccy for him:lol::lol: Just hope he eats it!!! MORE VIBES PRETTY PLEASE:D:D:D This ickle fella needs them.:love:

:D Yay, got my fingers and toes crossed,just gone into kitchen and peered in squeaks cage:shock: biscuit as gone, hopefully hes eaten the lot:D:D:D:D

Yay!! They can't resist the lure of the biccies, even with that horrible Baytril stuff on 'em! :lol:

Hi its been ages since ive started a thread, but i really need your vibes.I got Squeak my little blue satin coat mouse around 2-3 months ago, fromm not a nice place:evil: and his brother Chip, who sadly died after a day.:cry: Anyway yesterday noticed Squeak looked uncomfortable and was trying to perch himself on top of his pear home.On inspecting him, i found a small lump which i think is a ulceration and a sore on his throat:cry:

I took Squeak straight to the vets, where a vet id never seen before listened to his chest, and tried to examine him.Shes gave him an anti-inflammatory injection and Baytril and a painkiller.Got to see how he copes over the next 3 days, Please send him all your vibes as i think hes going to need them:cry: Thankyou.Deb.:cry:

Ah bless him! I hope he is on the mend. It's been a while since I had a mouse ( I too took him from an evil place!) He was going to suffocated in the name of art! He was not though as took him and he lived like a king! Vibes to squeak! x x

:wave:
Ah bless him! I hope he is on the mend. It's been a while since I had a mouse ( I too took him from an evil place!) He was going to suffocated in the name of art! He was not though as took him and he lived like a king! Vibes to squeak! x x

:wave: Thankyou.:D

:? Well back at the vets again with Squeak, his warty thing:? has left him with a small hole, plus now hes scratching so much hes falling over. He seems so miserable:cry: they are treating him for mites, which ive got to repeat in another 14 days, just hope this does the trick, poor thing!!:cry:If not they will start testing him for other nasties.:cry:

Last edited:
I'm so sorry that you are having such a bad time at the moment Deb.I'm praying that this is only a case of mites and nothing more sinister.Sending millions more healing vibes squeaks way

Oh poor wee thing! He sounds a tough little cookie though :love: so I really hope he gets better soon. Sending mega vibes, & lots of hugs for you cos you're doing such a good job xx

Back