• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do older bunnies struggle with ramps?

gemmam

Alpha Buck
I am thinking of re-vamping accommodation and just wondering if it is best to change to a set up without ramps as my rabbits get older? The oldest is only about six and a half so not over-the-hill yet but thinking long-term, will he struggle with the ramps or do your golden oldies still cope with them?

Mine are fine with ramps if they have always had them. Introducing older rabbits to ramps for the first time doesn't always work well

Thanks will just stick with ramps for now then! Hopefully will have fantastic shed set up before he reaches old age!

My 9 year old was fine with ramps even when he was terminally ill. If your bun is physically fine then it shouldn't be a problem. Just watch as he gets older because you will probably notice signs of him struggling before it becomes impossible for him to do it, which will make it easier all round. :)

chelsea and sooty have small wide ramps that areent steep into the rabbit room they are fine with these. (10yrs and 9yrs) however not sure that all older buns cope so well x

Back