• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Gurgling

Indiechic

Wise Old Thumper
It could have been me :oops:

but im not sure if i just heard baileys tummy gurgle a couple of times, he is bright, drinking and active but should i be worried?

xxx

Flopsy's tum was doing that the other night, really loud too. She wasn't eating though so therefore we took her straight to the vet

My big girl, Rosie's tummy gurgles! She eats like a horse! Don't fret - only do so, if her poohs are soft/small and she wont eat! :wave:

he is eating, im monitoring him tho, and the minute he shows any bad signs, ill get him to vets.

brought him down and he isn't gurgling.

hes just been tucking into some veg he left earlier... he spreads it out to prolong the joy i guess.

nick thinks he looks fine and says im just being silly, whilst i was upstairs seeing to moody alyssa, he did 3 poos on my setee :oops:

I would only worry if he is not eating. That may suggest gi stasis! but he is getting stuck in so I wouldnot worry - if he goes off his food and his tum gurgles then phone the vet asap! When a bunny has gi stasis he also looks like he/she is huddled up! You know like we would if we had tummy ache! You will know your bun and will know the signs! His poohs will be 'mushy', or not at all and he will be hunched over along with not being tempted by any of his favourite treats/foods. If in doubt phone your vet. :wave:

he seems ok this morning, iv given him a bowl of redigrass which he is tucking into.

i had increased his pellets slightly to help him maintain his weight, but i think this decreased his hay intake so im going to decrease again.

xxx

I'm not sure if this is correct, but our vet told us that unless its a really harsh sounding noise, gurgling is often a good sign as there is some movement going on in there. He said that it's when you listen to the belly through the stethoscope and can't hear anything that you really need to worry.

Could all be me misunderstanding though.

I'm not sure if this is correct, but our vet told us that unless its a really harsh sounding noise, gurgling is often a good sign as there is some movement going on in there. He said that it's when you listen to the belly through the stethoscope and can't hear anything that you really need to worry.

Could all be me misunderstanding though.

i was just worried :oops:

thats what my vet said too x

i was just worried :oops:

thats what my vet said too x

I only know because we did the same thing :).

Stan didn't want to eat one morning soon after we got him and his belly was making noises. Having read about statis a bit, we panicked and got him to the vets. Turns out that some mornings, Stan doesn't feel like eating when we want him to :).

Bailey's eating fine, not seen poos for bout half hour, although sometimes he has poo moments where he does like 50!

Back