• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Panacur!! im soo confused!!

Mazda

Warren Veteran
i have a few questions! :lol: I went into p@h today and saw them advertiseing panacur. Now i'm thinking of panacuring Pebble. I have been reading about it on the web and am confused! :? lol. x

So i have these to sites...
http://www.vetuk.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=1105

http://www.petprescription.co.uk/pa...78&-session=user:55D2538C167cc2EC7BwLO1055F5A

its says they are a single dose suringe. Now i thought you had to do a 9 day course or does it depend on the weight of the bun? So the single dose syringe is that on syringe per day? or not? :? SO for a 9 day course its gonna cost £32.31 via the first link and even more via the second :? Is it better/cheaper to get it from the vet? I will ask my vet about it next month when pebble has her vhd i am hopeing to book her spay then to. :)

Should i panacur pebble :? i am very confused from what i have read on the web!! Sorry if this thread makes no sense whatsoever!! any help will be muchly appriciated :D x

Its not a syringe a day!!! :lol: One syringe will probably be enough for a 9-day course for one bunny. You give it according to body weight, so many increments a day depending on body weight. It is cheaper to buy online.

And yes I would panacur Pebble, Ive done my buns not so long ago.

ooh ok :oops: thats good then! :lol:

So how would that work? :? does it come like in a bottle and you mesure it out in the syringe? :? soorry if i sound a compleate idiot!! :oops: i dotn have a clue! :lol: Im gonna ask my vet, but i just wanna know about it first :D xx

If you only have the one bunny, just get the syringe. Its like a paste and its already in the syringe. If you are doing loads of bunnies, it is cheaper to get the liquid... but much messier. You just twist the little circle to one increment or half an increment or two (depending on body weight per KG), it shows you in the instructions!!

Here is a video of me giving my bunny some panacur... he liked the taste though.

Just think of it as toothpaste in a tube... that you give a pea sized amount too (of course this is just an example, and you will of course need to be accurate when giving it to your bunnies by following the instructions) :D

awh :( the vid is blocked by my parental control! :censored:

awh i see. :) Would i be able to ask my vet about it then get the meds of the web? x

Ask your vet, he will weigh pebble and show you. On the "plunger" of the syringe there should be cuts in the plastic arm which you use to measure the dose according to weight. for example you will push the plunger to 1 cut for small bunnies and more for bigger bunnies.

Your vet should show you, ours had to explain to me 3 times :oops:

Yes thats a better idea! If you're not confident enough, buy it from your vets instead, that way they could show you how to use it. You shouldnt need a consultation or anything.

You can get it from the vet, but it will be much more expensive. One syringe has about 18 marks, so enough for a 9 day course or more.

You should use it as a preventatiev before the symptoms appear. If your rabbit has E.C. then you should give a 6 week course. For preventative treatment it's recommended for 9 days. If you know your rabbit has been in contact with EC I would do 6 weeks. Side affects are very rare with this medicine.

If your rabbit is more than 2.5kg then each tube will treat that rabbit for 9 days.
If your rabbit is less than 2.5kg then each tube will treat that rabbit for 18 days. (or two rabbits less than 2.5kg for 9 days )

For your first go I would definately use the special dispenser they supply in the rabbit paste, makes it much easier. Plus the doses on the pack are correct for rabbits.

If you bought the liquid you would have to make sure you got the right strength and work out the dose yourself (or ask on these forums) as the instructions do not cover rabbits.

a bit down in the dumps

while i'm here, anyone got advice on a bun that seems a bit down? he's eating, drinking, weeing and pooing as normal and in the mornings he's really active, so much so that i nearly gave him an ASBO today!
but in the evenings he seems very subdued,does alot of loafing around. he has toys - football, jingle ball, treat ball and a diggy box but i'm a bit concerned that he's just a bit fed up.:love:my bunny:love:

while i'm here, anyone got advice on a bun that seems a bit down? he's eating, drinking, weeing and pooing as normal and in the mornings he's really active, so much so that i nearly gave him an ASBO today!
but in the evenings he seems very subdued,does alot of loafing around. he has toys - football, jingle ball, treat ball and a diggy box but i'm a bit concerned that he's just a bit fed up.:love:my bunny:love:

Doesnt sound too much out of the ordinary, bunnies are more active at dawn and dusk. They need time to sleep!! Mine are always sleepy between the hours of 12-3 for some reason.

Maybe your bunny is lonely and needs a rescue friend :D ??

Yes, bunnies sleep a lot during the afternoon etc. Dusty seems to wake up and start running around again just as I want to go to bed! :roll::lol:

friend in the pipeline

:wave:
lolly is going to be getting a friend after christmas or as soon as he's litter box trained, i also need to get a bigger indoor house for him and his new chum. i'm waiting on the delivery of a 1.5 metre house as i type!! i think i'll be more excited than lolly when it arrives. not looking forward to the bonding thing though, sounds stressful but my little babybun is worth it!!

:)
will call the vets tommorow to arrange a prescription!

You don't need a prescription for Panacur as it's exempt under some sort of small animal licence thingy. If your rabbit has any special problems / treatments then you should consult your vet but if they are in perfect health you don't need to.

You should use it as a preventatiev before the symptoms appear. If your rabbit has E.C. then you should give a 6 week course. For preventative treatment it's recommended for 9 days. If you know your rabbit has been in contact with EC I would do 6 weeks. Side affects are very rare with this medicine.

If your rabbit is more than 2.5kg then each tube will treat that rabbit for 9 days.
If your rabbit is less than 2.5kg then each tube will treat that rabbit for 18 days. (or two rabbits less than 2.5kg for 9 days )

For your first go I would definately use the special dispenser they supply in the rabbit paste, makes it much easier. Plus the doses on the pack are correct for rabbits.

If you bought the liquid you would have to make sure you got the right strength and work out the dose yourself (or ask on these forums) as the instructions do not cover rabbits.

rite i see x
:) thanks guys. i will sort it with my vet xx

Back