• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

need help please

olliver

New Kit
just got my nephews 2 rabbits they are sisters and are 11 weeks old
i was just wondering if they will ive togrther happy

No reason why they wont. As long as they are nt competing for space (they need lots of room) and food they should nt have much to row about. When their hormones quick in they may fight but neutering should help. You can get your rabbits neutered at around 5/6 months.:)

Get a vet to confirm what sex they are, and make sure they are both female, otherwise there will be lots and lots of bunnies, and you dont want that!

There is no reason why they wont get on, providing they are both female. They may get a bit hormonal as they get older, but thats nothing that a bit of neutering wont sort out. :D

they are both femaile been looked at lol
would geting then done be a must ?

oliver

Take them to the vet to be checked again, some people on these forums have had their rabbits sexed wrongly twice and then ended up with babies :shock: For convenience you could get them sexed when they have their Myximatosis and VHD vaccines which are a 100% must.

Neutering will be best for them in the long run. I had two unneutered girls and at about 10 months they started fighting quite a bit and it was not a nice thing. Since being neutered they live together much better. When you get the vaccines done ask about their neutering policy. It may be 6 months or it may be a specific weight.

For the neutering you will want to find a vet who is good with rabbits as for girls it's quite an invasive operation so needs to be done by someone who knows what they are doing. You can usually tell if a vet is interested in rabbits or not when you meet them.

Hope all goes well :)

I would highly recommended spaying for these two little girls.
One reason been Uterine Cancer and the second, horomones, you dont want them fighting.

Lets see piccies of the little ladies..x

Back