• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

resceus/bonders derby for Lynseypvic

bunlover

Warren Veteran
well pretty much as the title says really Lynseypvic is getting her doe speyd soon and has never bonded before i suggested going to arescue but some dont do bonding too...so who does the bonding in derby please! xx

If I was more experienced I'd help :lol: but then I've only bonded 12 pairs :lol:

I'll say if I can think of anywhere :wave:

Hi:wave:

This is Lynsey from who is looking for help with bonding. We got our rabbits 5/6 weeks ago and unfortunately one got sick and died after surgery:cry: So we want to re-bond poor Lavender. But we are short on money especially after recent vet bills (rabbit wasn't insured yet) and we need to get lavender spayed as she wasn't done at the rescue centre and the possible new rabbit needs his vaccinations. So we just can't afford to buy another good hutch and run too - in the case that the new rabbit can't be put with lavender the same night. and to be really honest, we don;t want to end up with rabbits in seperate enclosures if they don't get on. I am probably worrying too much, but i want to keep in mind that some rabbits do fight.
I know someone who has offered us her male neutered rabbit she rescued, as she has health issues right now. It would seem a real shame not to help her and our rabbit just because we are short of money. So we are going to get lavender spayed and then try and take this rabbit once she is recovered.
But i am scared that we could end up with 2 seperate rabbits if they don't get on, which would not work for us.
Its not practical (including having a toddler)to use any space in the house as neutral territory, so we only have the garden, and lavender is used to running freely around the whole garden or in a sectioned off patio where her hutch/run is.
I don't mind giving a donation to a rescue centre to bond them as it would be cheaper than buying a 'just in case' hutch and it would be neutral ground and they are experienced in bonding. But i would want somewhere well recommended here as i would be anxious to let our little Lavender go off especially as she is still a bit timid and building up trust. Of course, i would also have to check if the person i know would allow her one to go for bonding elsewhere with out rabbit, as she offered it to me because she knows me.
So i would be grateful for advice about anyone who can help with the bonding around Derby. I would also be grateful for any more advice about how to bond as quickly as possible if we do it here. Worse case scenario, if they did not look like they could be left together overnight and my friend could not have him back, i have a nero 3 cage which we could put the new bunny in overnight until we sort our what will happen to him in the morning. But obviously i wouldn't want him stuck in a cage for more than one night.

I have also been advised to look for a more rabbit savvy vet, i don't drive so would like to stay registered at our fairly local vet as i can at least get a cab there if we need to in an emergency. But i don't mind also registering at another a bit further (if you can register with two -?) as my husband can organise trying to take the rabbits (he drives) if its a planned visit.

lastly, what about bunny boarding for holidays etc. i have come across the bunny haven which looks nice.
http://www.derbybunnyhaven.co.uk/

many thanks
Lynsey

I belive Marshal and Tills in Belper is Rabbit Savvy :)
And DBH is nice, I got two bunsters from there, their facilities are really good :)

the woman who as offered you her rabbit that she rescued did she get it from a rescue centre or did she find it, the reason being is that if from a rescue centre her paperwork will most probably have in it that they would want it returning to them if she can no longer look after it:D (just thought I would mention it)

Hi :wave: Good luck with everything,just wanted to say I've always found my vets (Abbey) to be very good with my rabbits :D

Back