• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

bonding help needed confused as to what to do.....

bunnyrun

Mama Doe
yesterday I started bonding 2 bunnies with 2 of my rescue,s, started somewhere completely neutral (my kitchen) it went really well, no scuffles, all eating from the same bowl, lots of mutual grooming :D:D all 4 sat snuggled up together, this afternoon I moved them into a large indoor cage and every now and then they start chasing each other :? then they have a bite to eat and settle, then we get more chasing all 4 bunnies are going home tomorrow and i just want to be sure that when they go home that they all are ok as the lady is travelling such a long way to adopt from me, i dont want her to go home to find the bunnies then start fighting

opinions appreciated:D:D

When i put Miffy and Vinnie in there big pen last night the chasing started again,they had settled down by this afternoon though:)

I think perhaps its just a bit soon? when i bonded 5 they were in my kitchen for 3 days before i was satisfied enough to move them back out to their shed and then when you move them to a new place they will scuffle to sort out again the pecking order as it were. Other than more time under observation to ensure the bond is strong, i cant think of anything else :?

I tend to start bonding buns in one place and keep them in that one place for 48 hours before moving them. I would also suggest that they are not given too much space too quickly.

i agree with the space issue they are just sorting out thier territory wil lthe new owner be able to keep an eye on them for a few days? as that should mean they settle better and she can know what to lo ok out for? as i would think the car ride home would help bond them further?

Maybe its abit soon..

With my four i did it in the shed, fair bit of chasing for a few days, but it meant i did not have to move them once settled.

With Oscar and Jasmine, i had to mininmise there space, and gradually rebuild it daily. Last night i made it as big as possible and today they moved to there permanent home..all is fine..:love: Even if it did take just under a week lol

Last edited:
I also think it's a bit soon. My quad were unruly and when I had gotten them settled I kept them in that place for 4 days before moving them, very tentatively, into their new full time accommodation.

If they do go, then can the lady watch them closely (particularly at dawn and dusk) for the next few days? Also, does she know and understand bonding so if she gets into any troubles, will she know what to do or any tips to overcome the situation?

If it was me, and I had the space I think I'd ring her and explain that your worried that they still aren't settled and would rather play safe and keep them a few more days.

I'm sure she'd rather you did that then it all going wrong in a couple of days.Because they've been moved too soon.

How are they traveling home all in the same carrier/boot of car/indoor cage. Also where are they being housed once home, is it new accommodation to all party's or has it only been cleaned and bleached. As if that's the case then a few more days of it airing wouldn't hurt.

Sorry just realized that's a lot of questions.:)

Back