• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

whats up with my bunny?

jasaimo

New Kit
hi sorry if i sound daft but ive only had my bunnt for a week, and until today hes been fine, but today hes been very lethargic, hasn`t run about dont think hes eating either. but the thing thats worrying me the most is how cold he feels. is this bad? his eyes are still bright and he looks ok just a bit tired.please help.:cry:

Last edited:
That doesn't sound good. Is he going to the toilet? Pooing and weeing?

Anything else different? Had a jab or anything recently? Eaten anything different?

Do you have a rabbiy savvy vet you can call?

It might be worth getting some uncooked rice, putting it in a sock, heating it in the microwave, then maybe wrapping it in something and putting it near your bun so that if he wants to he can snuggle with it for warmth.

I hope someone with some useful advice comes along soon.

I have replyed as i am not very experienced but i think you should put urgent on the title to get some advise as there are really good people on here who know their stuff, but one thing i can say is that you should proberly ring the vet....Sorry to be vague

Do you know if he's been pooing and weeing normally today?

How long it is since you know he had something to eat?

Has he had any changes in diet in the time he has been with you? Does he eat lots of hay?

Sorry for all the questions, it might help in diagnosing the problem

It could be serious if he feels cold, along with the not eating.

hi sorry if i sound daft but ive only had my bunnt for a week, and until today hes been fine, but today hes been very lethargic, hasn`t run about dont think hes eating either. but the thing thats worrying me the most is how cold he feels. is this bad? please help.:cry:

Hello

I am affraid it sounds as though your Rabbit is quite poorly. I would advise you to get him to a Vet tonight
If he is not eating and cold then he is in urgent need of treatment.
Try to get him warmed up. Bring him indoors if he is an outdoor Bun and wrap him in a warm towel. A hot water bottle or Snugglesafe heat pad would help to.

Rabbits hide illness very well so if you are actually noticing that he is lethargic then he really is very poorly :cry:
Please do contact your Vets emergency service now

Good luck

Rabbits hide illness very well so if you are actually noticing that he is lethargic then he really is very poorly :cry:
Please do contact your Vets emergency service now

I agree. Rabbits can go downhill fast. In the wild they are prey animals and can't afford to show any weakness; so if you're noticing it your rabbit is very ill.

he was pooing and weeing yesterday and it was only yesterday that he stopped eating. thankyou for all the advice

rabbits gut must be keep stimulated constantly so 24 hours without food can be the beggining of stasis please get to a vet asap xx

Back