• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is this a problem?? TOPIC=Peeing.

Hiya,

I notice when I clean out Bella that she is peeing an awful lot. I know this because it looks soaking and sometimes drip when I clean out her cage. Am I giving her to much veggies?? She is getting a carrot every 3 days, pieces of apple, celery, cucumber, treats, and lettuce every other day, too. I have cut down the carrots as I used to give her one every day and sometimes it would be 2 in a day.

Please help and feel free to speak your mind.

Diana xx

How often do you clean her? What do you put in her litter tray/on the floor to soak wee up?

Monitor how much she drinks. I think it can be a sign of kidney problem although dont quote me on that cos im not totally sure.
Im sure someone will come along with better advice soon

Honestly, I think she drinks normal and not much and sometimes, she drinks and gives herself the hiccups! Is that normal, too? and thanks!

hi

If she is drinking the same and weeing the same I wouldn't worry. If she has been doing a lot of running or is warm she will drink more water and wee more. If you think she is weeing a lot more than normal but not drinking as much as she usually would get her checked out just to be on safe side.
As for food what ever your bun is 'hoppy' with. Fruit is ideally only supposed to be given once a week as it is very acidic. Lettuce is a no for buns as it causes tummy upsets. But obv you have been using these and shes fine so I would just stick with what your doing. I read carrotts are the equivalent of chocolate to us, so I also cut down on feeding these. I train mine with nuts which I read were great for buns then my vet gave me a leaflet which said nuts are a definate NO oops. Just go with what you know is the best bet!!

If she is drinking the same and weeing the same I wouldn't worry. If she has been doing a lot of running or is warm she will drink more water and wee more. If you think she is weeing a lot more than normal but not drinking as much as she usually would get her checked out just to be on safe side.
As for food what ever your bun is 'hoppy' with. Fruit is ideally only supposed to be given once a week as it is very acidic. Lettuce is a no for buns as it causes tummy upsets. But obv you have been using these and shes fine so I would just stick with what your doing. I read carrotts are the equivalent of chocolate to us, so I also cut down on feeding these. I train mine with nuts which I read were great for buns then my vet gave me a leaflet which said nuts are a definate NO oops. Just go with what you know is the best bet!!

Okay, thank you ;)

to save it being soaking you could try using carefresh or megazorb can still put hay on top if you want xx

I change my two's litter tray everyday and just use paper and hay. You could use something on top of the paper to absorb the wee, such as carefresh or simaler, then hay on top. maybe she's drinking more as weather has been dry in the air recently

Celery will make mine pee more than usual, so depending on how much you give Bella, you may want to cut down on that and see if it makes a difference.

Back