• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Cat Flap Reccommendations for a Giant?? Please :)

Becky86

Wise Old Thumper
Hiya all... as the title says i need to get a cat flap for Ronnie asap really so he can get access from his shed to the run and vice versa... never had to buy a cat flap before so dont know what quality the different makes are :?

Been looking on ebay as have money in paypal so will save me transfering, but not sure what size to get. Would this be ok??

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&Item=290261831976&Category=101432&_trksid=p3907.m29

Dont want to buy something thats too small, bless him :)

Any ideas :) xXx

That looks about right for a giant bun. Four way locking to which is really usefull. They are a good seller too, bought loads of stuff from them and it arrives within days!!

Oh thanks :) I think i shall order today :) Just didnt want to buy one that was cheap and nasty and too small. Many thanks for the advice xXx

I have this size for my rabbits (not giant) so not sure if it would be big enough for yours - maybe if they had a medium dog one it would be better. They need it a little bigger as they hop through rather than step through like cats and dogs.

You just need to be careful with the locking system on these, we sometimes find that they slip over so the buns get either locked in or out. It is OK 90% of the time.

I got mine from a local petshop so you may want to go and have a look first to see what the size is like and it would be easier to take back if you have to.

I have one of these for my cats (one of them is just over 7kg) and its fine, so I'd have thought it would fit a giant bun fine - he may not be able to actively hop through it but he'll be able to get through.

I have a similar sized one for Sugarplum not giant but Frenchie, and she manages it no problem :D

Back