• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

please help

foxy33420

New Kit
please help,
i took one of a pair of rabbits to the vets this morning cos last night we noticed that its eyes were half shut so i phoned the vets this morning and they said come straight down so we got there see the vet he took one look at her and said shes got borderline myxamotosis and we got to take her back in the morning but just to watch her overnight.
please can someone tell me what is borderline does that mean she definitely got it or what?
im just praying that she hasnt got it but all the signs are there so i dont know what to do.
lynn.

Is she vaccinated? If so, she probably has a milder form - nodular myxi.
Did the vet give any meds at all?
Are they outside or inside bunnies?

Was the bun vaccinated? If so they can get a different form of Myxi, it is not full blown. If they weren't vaccinated I am sorry to say, if it is Myxi, chances of survival aren't great :(

Ive been speaking to Lynn, the bun isnt vaccinated :(
Neither are the others.

If you need to talk Lynn, please pm me.

I hate to say it but if a bunny of mine wasn't vaccinated and had Myxi I think I would have it put to sleep :( :(

I would get any without symptoms vaccinated asap and all animals treated for fleas.

I hate to say it but if a bunny of mine wasn't vaccinated and had Myxi I think I would have it put to sleep :( :(

I would get any without symptoms vaccinated asap and all animals treated for fleas.

Thats what i said to Lynn on the phone, but i suppose its different when its your own and your faced with the big decision :(

Back