• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

baby rabbits and grass

Squizz

Alpha Buck
I know baby rabbits can't have greens until they are about 4 months and then only gradually....but is grass ok? Mine are 21 days old and it is hard to stop them from getting to the grass - unless I start depriving their mum and step-dad.

If they and the mother have been eating grass ever since they were born and hasn't had any problems before its okay to let them eat it. Wild rabbits don't have access to hay you know...they can't live of nothing but milk for four months (especially since the mother normally has another litter to care for by the time they are 4 weeks old)
I feed my babies all sorts of greens and veggies ever since they were newborns (well obviously they didn't start eating it till they were 2-3 weeks of age, but their mother did) and they never had an upset tummy:D Its only a matter of introducing it early, and these kits got it through their mother's milk so it was just like any brand of pellets for them.:D

Back