• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

This weekend in Twickenham we will be bonding again

So far so good, Twickle and Foxy initially have settled quite quickly. Twinkle spent ages with her tongue thrust inside the ears of Foxy. Foxy was quite reserved and just sat down in the litter tray, he has started getting his confidence up and has now ventured out of the tray. Twinkle is meant to be the nervy female :?

Pickle and Jilly started on with a few chasing episodes with Jilly getting a little spooked by her new partner. For a while they were sitting at opposite ends of the tray ... however have just settled down next to each other in the litter tray together. Pickle is meant to be the more dominating bunny :?

It will be interesting to see how we progress ....

Am up early :roll: couldnt get back to sleep cos kept thinking about Twinkle and Foxy snuggling up and Pickle and Jilly chasing and thumping :lol:

Hope you got some sleep Janice :lol:

I think I got far more sleep than Donna did last night. I got up a couple of times to a bit of thumping which I think was Jilly.

This morning every thing is reasonably calm, I have not had to resort to banana or apple sauce .... Foxy likes his noisy toys to move about. Twinkle likes to sit in the litter tray but easily allows Foxy back into it. Pickle and Jilly initially were a little noisy this morning with lots of running about, but not chasing each other ... I think just getting rid of some energy, they have now retired together to their litter tray.

Pickle seems wary of being photographed and stops what he is doing if he knows he is being watched.

Twickle and Foxy are easily distracted in Jilly thumps.

Photos on their way ......

I have been sitting on my pc all morning waiting for you Janice!! :lol::lol::lol::lol: And yes, you probably did get more sleep :lol::lol:

I didnt realise how much I would miss my bunnies though :cry:

That thumping sounds real bad :shock: No wonder Twinkle gets spooked....
:(

I see she is still loving Foxy's ears though - does he move around much? He seems to always just sit and wait to be groomed :D

That thumping sounds real bad :shock: No wonder Twinkle gets spooked....
:(

I see she is still loving Foxy's ears though - does he move around much? He seems to always just sit and wait to be groomed :D

He does spend time waiting for attention! All morning they have been next to each other apart from the odd occassion.

210lyyp.jpg

Last edited:
Janice - they look like a really lovely loving couple, how wonderful :love:. My two pairs are still happily together, but Dennis and Poppy are still a highly spirited couple and still have the odd chase with fur pulling . . .

Just cleaned out both hutches completely... and I have sprayed them both with hutch cleaner/disinfectant stuff.... when that dries I will start the vinegar treatment.... is it 50/50 strength, and does it matter that I could only get brown vinegar at my local corner shop this morning!! :D And how many times should I do it? Also should I do all the toys too?

OMG!!!!!!

But if they are doing that... why are they chasing and thumping :? No wonder I was pants at this bonding stuff :roll:

The chasing and thumping has stopped in the last hour. With bonding you have to just let them get on with it and only intervene if they are causing each other harm or behaving in a manner where harm would get done.

Sometimes rabbits will snuggle together and next minute they will chase ... the best thing is to leave them to get on with it, they will sort themselves out quicker than if you keep intervening. This is where exerience comes into it and also having the knowledge of knowing when to pull them apart.

Back